Question Looking for an Older MFD that had a working ADI ball.

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hello,I once found an MFD that had a working ADI ball, I saw it used on a video from a member of the orbiterfrancophones forum,and downloaded it from OH,but when my hard drive failed awhile ago I had lost it,there for I am looking for it again.Would anybody know of such an MFD?thanks I also searched on OH.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Hello,I once found an MFD that had a working ADI ball, I saw it used on a video from a member of the orbiterfrancophones forum,and downloaded it from OH,but when my hard drive failed awhile ago I had lost it,there for I am looking for it again.Would anybody know of such an MFD?thanks I also searched on OH.

Found it Align Plane II V1.2 on OH,boy that was a bugger to find.

Last edited:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I love that MFD! Unfortunately, something wierd happened and the ADI ball turned a wierd color. That was a couple of years ago. It might have happened when I got a new computer, new display drivers, or Orbiter 2010 or something. I used to use that MFD to mark a reference attitude to hold steady during burns just because it was so cool to look at.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Won't work for me. Tells me to push F8 to display, but it doesn't work. :idk:

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Quite an old add-on, but man what a great idea, I had no clue such a thing exists. An ADI ball, that would be epic.

Dare I suggest if someone could make one for 2010p1? and make it look like the ADI display that was used on the Space Shuttle? Please? :idea:

Reaction score
Quite an old add-on, but man what a great idea, I had no clue such a thing exists. An ADI ball, that would be epic.

Dare I suggest if someone could make one for 2010p1? and make it look like the ADI display that was used on the Space Shuttle? Please? :idea:

Have you tried the current Beta(s)? MartinS has implemented a great ADI ball in the Shuttle-A, complete with tutorial - which had me scratching my head trying to finish it.

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
I havent tried the lastest beta. Sounds like a lovely feature for sure.
The ShuttleA's ADI ball has been present since Orbiter 100922, i.e. already in the next month after the Orbiter 2010-P1 release.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have used the beta but only for testing for D3D11 with the XR-2 testing DGIVs compatibility.

polaris149Tiberius

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.101stAirborneDivisionClan.com
Align Plane II

There are 2 versions of Align Plane II. The latest is 1.2 and the first version Im not sure of. I have the same issue when trying to use version 1.2, it simply wants me to use the cockpit mode to use the ADI ball and of course it still doesn't work in the stock Atlantis in Orbiter 2006, Orbiter 2006 P1, Orbiter 2010, and Orbiter 2010 P1.
I have seen the adi work in the original version on my Pentium 2 with the stock system board video, but since then I added a video card and it stopped working.

I no longer have that PC so I don't remember what the system board video parameters were or hardware info so I cannot post them, but I know at one time I did see the adi work on that system.

Since then I have worked on getting the adi to work from the first version on any and every PC I owned since to no avail. Without the adi, you cannot take advantage of the autopilot that goes with.

Are there any members of this forum, developers included that knows why or what kind of settings in modern video cards need to be set to make it visible.

Note: The MFD window with the ADI seems to still work but the texture for the ball is just not visible to me anymore. In my case its a very very dark black but I can still almost see the image for the ball very lightly. Too dark to actually read though.

DESPERATE for any help here. Like the post originator I am interested in using the MFD -not a vessel built in ADI ball so I can use it for Apollo and other space flights.

Thanks in advance -Adam