OHM Map 3D MFD v0.7a

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: tofitouf

9th release for my Galaxy 3D Map !
Works for orbiter 2010 and 2006 !
(v0.7a just adds very small corrections to v0.7)

New : You can now see bases and setup at target object
New : the autoscale option

The galactic map is a futurist MFD that allows you to see any object of the galaxy and it's orbit. All transition are animated, making the understanding of orbit wide more accurate than any other MFD. 

Many little correction has been made and added to make it cooler and smoother than ever.
You still need to have a good machine to run it properly.

Important : for this new version please set a small refresh rate for MFD (0.01 is a good value).

Please read the ReadMe.htm and History.htm in the Documentation folder for information about new features and bug corrections.

Any Bug report or idea for improving it are welcome.

DOWNLOAD

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I just tried this out. It looks awesome, and I love the way the display smoothly transitions between views.

But I'm not sure what it's useful for. Do you plan to release a doc file?

It seems like a neat Wrath of Khan-style tactical display, or a mini-orrery. I notice that the "bases" and "docks" buttons don't seem to do anything yet. I was flying the X-20, which has no docking ports, but the Earth certainly has lots of bases.

PaulG

Reaction score
Very nice piece of eye candy. Really helps the visualization of what is going on.

lalbanof

Reaction score
I politely suggest some documentation, and packaging...

Hello,

I did not know what it was about until I installed it. The description included in www.orbithangar.com told me little about what it does. You should tell everyone that you have produced a beautiful, smooth, interactive 3D orbital display you can center around ANYTHING that orbits. It will certainly enhance our Orbiter experience; it will certainly make Orbiter more attractive to newbies; maybe it will help some of us see what we are doing in Orbiter. I for one will try it on every transfer and before every slingshot.

I am sure I can memorize the instructions given on the site; but... a .txt or .pdf is handier and can give more information, in the way of pictures too. Anyway, the interface is amazingly intuitive.

A directory structure in the .zip file would save some bother to folks using addon managers, as well as folks unfamiliar with the placement of MFD .dll inside orbiterdoc\modules\plugin too.

thanks.

tofitouf

son excellence
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
thanks all for your messages. It's very nice of you and give me the courage needed to continue this development.
I've just added some short documentation in orbit hangar and packaged it a little better.
Please give me other feed back and advices about where I should go for now. I'll try to make it more useful for everyone.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Could it be possible to visualize a base?
How about visualizing equator and 0 longitude?

I also may like to request a close up surface map MFD.
When you are getting close to base, you might like to have pad locations in an MFD, or you may want to see where you are relative to a base, as if you had some sort of a map.

If map is not possible, a grid would work, with base markers and ship markers.

On a side note, it is simply gorgeous. Nice work.

Last edited:

tofitouf

son excellence
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
There Is A sdk to use it

These is one of the greatest MFD's IMO, you really must develop it and maybe release the source for SDK.

Fell free to download my sources and the sourceforge site.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/controlmfd/

I created the Map to be completely independent in any MFD you need.
And if anyone want to collaborate, my sourceforge site can be opened. I use to work in group and I already organised the code and the site for collaborative work

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Could it be possible to visualize a base?
How about visualizing equator and 0 longitude?

Base will be added in next release but without anough precision for a good zoom like for vessels.
The equator line and 0 longitude will be added too very soon.
I'll also add line for orbit alignment and a complete auto align feature is in preparation. But It will take some time

I also may like to request a close up surface map MFD.
When you are getting close to base, you might like to have pad locations in an MFD, or you may want to see where you are relative to a base, as if you had some sort of a map.

If map is not possible, a grid would work, with base markers and ship markers.

My first work was about rendezVous and not landing. It was for some future release.But I'm interessed in it too.

Nevertheless, I'll add like surface base the crash point (intersection of orbit curve with planet, it will then completely replace the current map MFD

On a side note, it is simply gorgeous. Nice work.

Thanks a lot again

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
I think that map MFD could be still useful.
Your MFD ressembles this kind of display

edu_observing-student-iss-orbit.jpg

ISS+orbit+in+May.jpg

But this kind of display would also be useful for orbit alignment with base.

ISS_Orbit_Calgary.gif

Currently, map MFD does not show closest pass accurately.

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
Legacy Reviews

Legacy Add-on Reviews from Orbit Hangar Mods

Review by hadrien54
Review:
Merci beaucoup tofitouf Superbe addon magnifique travail, certe le MFD n'est pas encore très complet mais je suis ton forum et j'atend des releases ^^ merci encore bon courage pour la suite

Review by ar81
Pros: Provides awareness of spacecraft positions nicely
Cons: You have preset views only, no custom rotation.
Review:
It may work as map MFD for planetary transfers, or it may be used as a better Orbit MFD display. This MFD is awesome and very neat.

Review by countdown84
Pros: Nicely-implemented, easy to use and read
Cons: none
Review:
Probably the coolest MFD addon I've seen for Orbiter. Very intuitive menus, readable screen, and incredibly useful information! For being so early in development, it appears to be very well implemented (good load/save support, etc.) AWESOME!

Review by napes weaver
Pros: Ye-ay Buddy!!
Review:
Navigating through an MFD using SHIFT + Arrow keys?!?! NICE TOUCH!!!

Review by cinder1992
Pros: Everything!... almost.
Cons: Needs a Options/Prefrences page/file to
Review:

Review by jacquesmomo
Review:
bravo bravo!!!

Review by devco
Pros: Awesome animations, great visuals
Cons: No independant movment, only preset views
Review:
I think this is one of the best looking MFDs that has been made, it's smooth and the animations are awesome for visualizing trajectories. I do wish I could move the view around myself though, offten the presets are not what I want to see.

Review by keatah
Pros: Beautiful display!
Cons: none really
Review:
This is one of the prettiest and most vibrant mfd's out there. Makes your instrument panel look really cool!

Review by bill leclere
Review:
excellent MFD. Good work. Thank you.

tofitouf

son excellence
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
New version

I'm made a new version of the galactic map. No Great new feature, mainly changes of the interface (buttons position and action, dynamic menu that hide itself, linear zoom.... and so on.

thanks in advance for your reviews.

Keatah

Reaction score
What a lovely MFD, I'd like to see further upgrades and enhancements to this one. And maybe even new displays altogether!

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
The MFD looks like a total Hail Probe to me, but I lack time to test it.