Search Mercury program for Orbiter 2010

Meyerm

Enlisted Stormtrooper
Reaction score
I've found several mercury addons for Orbiter, but NONE of the ones I could find work with Orbiter 2010. Anyone else have any luck in finding any?

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
You know, its not as if all mirrors of Orbiter 2006 disappeared into a black hole.

And to answer your question, no, there are no newer than what you found. If you search the forum, there are ways to get partial functionality in Orbiter 2010.

Last edited:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You know, its not as if all mirrors of Orbiter 2006 disappeared into a black hole.

And to answer your question, no, there are no newer than what you found. If you search the forum, there are ways to get partial functionality in Orbiter 2010.

True, although I've found some odd behaviour trying to run 2006 lately. On the topic of 2010 compatibility though, it may not be possible to get it running. Configs can be updated but a DLL cannot.

There seems to have been a lot of interest in this lately, I might add a "UMMU Mercury" addon to my list, but unless I can secure meshes to code, it'll take a long time.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That's not exactly the same thing, but the Project Gemini add-on still works with O2010P1.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
We already have Little Joe + Big Joe is on OH and they work.

If someone wants to work on Mercury, count me in.
I've already retextured the capsule, the Atlas/Redstone, done some VC graphics, etc. Don't see any problem in reusing the existing meshes.
Don't know what's on the docs about redistribution, but I think that it might be allowed.

Now, to simulate systems, we need custom code or a way to get LUA to accept VC clicks (to have a working VC).

Nevertheless, it's possible to have a rough implementation using SC3 + LUA for working instruments + Dx9 client for the periscope (using reflections).

Don't' see how UMMU could be used. Mercury had no docking port, and no EVA possibility.