General Question MFD Styles

ZXS2000

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I have a pretty basic question, I've seen screen shots from different developers using single/multiple MFD's like the one linked below.

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/picture.php?albumid=848&pictureid=9052

are these craft specific? I've mainly used craft without 2D panels so maybe this is where I have missed them. Im also not using the D3D9 Client either as yet, is that neccessary for the above style MFD?

I currently have two 10" touch screens and Im wanting to display 2 MFD's per screen to be inserted into my simpit. currently they are stock standard MFD's utilizing both the VNCMFD and NETMFD addons but I want to pretty them up to at least appear as in the link.

any help is appreciated
:)

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
If you mean the casing of the MFD, then it's a part of 2D panel graphics -- in the linked screenshot - DeltaGlider's (it's contained in Textures/DG/dg_panel.dds texture for the stock version of DeltaGlider, which you can check without installing any add-ons). They are vessel specific.

ZXS2000

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Ok thanks, I've had orbiter since 2005 version and have never used the DG, only ever really been into the historic stuff, and yes I was only interested in the case. Long term I wish to Crete my own addon with 2D panels so maybe there is hope I can utilise these screens,for now I will have to settle with the generic ones.