Does any of you have any experience with having a mouse infestation at home? My old school chum has 2 young kids and had to move to stay with family last week after calling pest control out to deal with a mouse problem. They put lots of trays of mouse poison in the affected spots and one of the trays was emptied (eaten) a couple of days later. None of the others have been touched. But the pest controller put some poison down a hole in the floorboards too. All has been quiet since then. Does it seem they might have died/disappeared? How long does it take to get rid of mice? The pest control will come back in a week or so to check. Of course he knows all about keeping the trays away from the kids, we are just curious why only 1 of about 12 or 13 have been eaten! Are there any more effective means to get rid of mice?