Michael Griffin to leave NASA.

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
As long as he trashes Ares 1 (Either for Delta IV Heavy or another launcher) And keeps shuttle going to 2015. I say he will be far better than Griffin.

If he really had balls he'd scrap both projects and come up with some useful alternative.
Of course, that won't happen.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
If he really had balls he'd scrap both projects and come up with some useful alternative.

For that, he'd need dwarf planet size balls.

But still, I think there is a lot of room for improvements, which are politically acceptable.

Moonwalker

Reaction score
I'd just as soon see NASA take on a more regulatory role and transition more to commercial like with COTS. Let external companies bear the risks and many of the costs associated with manned spaceflight. I'm really interested to see how the Falcon 9 works out. Make NASA the FAA of spaceflight. If we can't get past the deathgrip NASA has on US manned spaceflight, it'll never grow commercially.

I think that SpaceX is far away from performing reliable manned flights (the cargo version might fly any time during the NASA gap). The end of the ISS is not too distant in the future anymore. And the end of the ISS also might be a temporary end of commercial space flight.

-----Post Added-----

What would be a useful alternative in your point of view?