OrbitMFD Modifying Default MFD Settings

Beck

Reaction score
I am looking for some help resetting the default value of an MFD and I didn’t see anything the manual. Specifically, I am using Orbiter 2006, flying the Shuttle Atlantis and I would like to change the default setting of the Orbit MFD to change the power up value of the Frame of Reference (Shift F) from ecliptic to equator.

In the same MFD, I would also like to change the default value setting of the DST option (Shift D). Upon power up, it is in APR and I would like it to display in APA (altitude above Earth).

I suspect that both settings can be changed in the same place, but I don’t know where that is. Is anyone able to help me out?

Thank you.

Beck

Beck

Reaction score
OK, it looks like a few people have seen my post, but no one has replied yet. Which to me means that one of two things are happening. First, I may not have clearly stated my request or, second, that no one has any suggestions. So I'm following up.

If my request is confusing, please let me know. But it is also possible that there are no suggestions on how to do this in Orbiter 2006. So if you have any ideas on how to do it in Orbiter 2010 or 2016, I would appreciate your thoughts. If nothing else, I can use that as a starting point.

Thanks in advance.

Beck

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi,
I think OrbitMFD is coded as part of Orbiter.
As far as I know there is no way to change the default start-up settings.
I can't see anything in orbiter.cfg that relates to it, which would be the obvious place to look.
Cheers,
Brian

Beck

Reaction score
Apologies for my delay exercising some poor forum etiquette. I asked a question and got some replies, but never expressed any gratitude. I do appreciate the answers and advice that was shared. I also appreciate the interest of everyone who looked at my post.

Thank you to all.

Beck