Request More Arrow Freighter Textures?

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
I'm sure this has already been addressed, but not in any threads I could find. But honestly, the Arrow Freighter, AR-18 or whatever you want to call it needs some serious re-paints. It's a solid ship, and I think it wouldn't be doing it justice to not have more than two re-paints for it. Thanks HAL for those. But come on. I would do it if I had the skill to do so I would do it. But obviously, I don't. If you agree with me post that here and show your support! Also, feel free to put some ideas down as well!
Some of my ideas are similar to jobs already done for the XR5
-Air Force/military
-Air Force One
-Fictional Spaceliners
-Maybe even a real private space company?

Anyways, cheers :cheers:

And of course hail the probe! :hailprobe:

-Eli

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
There was one done for a part of OFMM; not sure where it's hosted. It's covered in red Martian dust.

The UV-map on the Arrow is really weird and unintuitive to draw on, and things end up mightily skewed and warped if not done perfectly.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Huh, well of course i didn't know that. I didn't really get into orbiter for the more ermm technical things about it. Still learning, which i think we all will be. It'd still be great though...

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
What Izack said. Although with some (a lot of) trial and error, I did manage to make this a while ago, which is the aforementioned OFMM skin:
attachment.php

Available in the attachment here.

HAL9001 also has some on the Hangar.

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
The Arrow, believe it or not was the first remap and tex on a vessel I done. I tatted and had alot of fun with her a month or two before I started doing to the XR2. I had 3 skins for her, none of them where orange by the way and can tell you now, she's not that hard to do once you have the template sorted.
You get distortion on the coneing where the body bevels down into the abdominal areas and areas that's repeated top and bottom of the vessel. I did grey military, Nasa blue and a Royal Mail red design. You are limited by it's map, but It's a good project for anyone with the patience for it.

I lacked the confidence to release them at the time and so disposed of them and turned my attention to the XR series. I do regrete that, like alot Ive binned along the way. Anyway, I'm currently rebuilding my dome release with better meshes and a better re-tex, so I can use it in a complete surface base.
When I finish that then I will repeat the Arrow map.

Say in a months time. I'm stomping over Snowdon next week, YaY :lol:

Last edited:

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
forgive the offtrack post, but were any other skins made for OFMM? (i.e DGIV or XR2)

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
no you're fine. Well, somehow, my prayer was answered by Apollo 13.
He must have had the same thought as I did, or even better, he saw this thread! :D

ghostrunner01

Reaction score
no you're fine. Well, somehow, my prayer was answered by Apollo 13.
He must have had the same thought as I did, or even better, he saw this thread! :D
I saw this thread and decided to tank on the challenge. I've done repaints before, but they weren't really good and I had an SDK. The arrow is the first time I've done one without an SDK and had the addon turn out pretty well. I will be making these for a while, and I'm planning on making an SDK myself for others.