Problem Mouse pointer turning invisible ?

Robsoie

Reaction score
Hello

Testing Orbiter 2016 and the latest dx9 client with Orbiter_NG.exe

I play windowed as i like to read ships and procedure manuals and tutorials while playing, so it's easy to me to just click on pdf/browser that are behind my Orbiter window instead of ALT-TAB if i was full screen.

But doing that i noticed that then -very- often when i get back to the Orbiter window the mouse pointer is now invisible , the mouse still work as i can click buttons in the cockpits but i don't see anymore where the mouse pointer can be so it makes it very hard to click on the correct button.

Going to another window is no problem, as soon as the mouse pointer is back outside of the Orbiter window it is visible again, but going back to Orbiter and it's back at being invisible.

Any solution to that other than playing fullscreen ?

Robsoie

Reaction score
Thank you for replying

The only option you mention that was still turned on was the enhance pointer precision, i'll turn it off and try again.

edit : unfortunately didn't changed the problem.

The difficulty in finding what exactly cause this is difficult, because i can switch between windows for a while and when going back ot the Orbiter one it will work without problem, then suddenly another time and the pointed will turn invisible in the Orbiter window.

I'll have to replay with my good old 2010-P1 to see if it happens there too, as it's been a while i haven't played with it.

Last edited:

Matt00

Reaction score
Do you have any windows open in Orbiter such as Scenario editor or external MFD? Mine sometimes does that if Orbiter is heavily engaged doing something like loading scenery on the fly. The mouse pointer seems to disappear although I can move it around and select things but not see it. I would like to say I have a workaround or solution but I don't except restarting the sim. It's quite annoying. The only thing I can say is if you see Orbiter hiccup don't move your mouse pointer until Orbiter settles down.