Problem moving when landed

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hi
I have had a problem where in all vessels with wheels, when i land and stop the velocity indicator on the HUD keeps changing between 0.00 to 0.01. If i use time warp then my vesseljmaps up in the air. I have tried landing again but it has not worked. Can any one help. Its a big problem with the XR vessels as they can take damage.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You need to stop ALL thrusters - including RCS, which may be active if you still have autopilot modes active. Also you should check the deadband of your joystick, especially the throttle.

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I dont have a joy stick. All my thrusts are off. Problem consists. Thanks though

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I dont have a joy stick. All my thrusts are off. Problem consists. Thanks though

Then it is maybe some strange MFD or the vessel has a thruster active for simulating APU exhaust...

I never had such motion if all thrusters are really really off.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi
I have had a problem where in all vessels with wheels, when i land and stop the velocity indicator on the HUD keeps changing between 0.00 to 0.01. If i use time warp then my vesseljmaps up in the air. I have tried landing again but it has not worked. Can any one help. Its a big problem with the XR vessels as they can take damage.

This is caused when a frame rate is high enough, ships have trouble switching from active (flight) to inactive (landed) mode. XR-2 is one of the ships that really suffers from it. So does Shuttle Fleet. I have had Shuttle Fleet land, stop and then flip it self over because it just would not switch to landed mode.

Ummus also have a habit of falling over.

I posted this in the D3D9 thread, and then a bug report about this some time ago, and Martin responded with the new collision system which will fix this.

In the mean time, increase the braking power a bit on the XR-2, that sometimes help, also, with the ship standing sort of still, time skip to x10 sometimes can kick a ship into landed mode. Sometimes not.

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
This is caused when a frame rate is high enough, ships have trouble switching from active (flight) to inactive (landed) mode. XR-2 is one of the ships that really suffers from it. So does Shuttle Fleet. I have had Shuttle Fleet land, stop and then flip it self over because it just would not switch to landed mode.

Ummus also have a habit of falling over.

I posted this in the D3D9 thread, and then a bug report about this some time ago, and Martin responded with the new collision system which will fix this.

In the mean time, increase the braking power a bit on the XR-2, that sometimes help, also, with the ship standing sort of still, time skip to x10 sometimes can kick a ship into landed mode. Sometimes not.

Thanks. I will try lower my frame rate. If i use time warp my ship jumps in the air. Thanks:tiphat: all

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
try turning on vsync and locking the frame rate to 60 and see if that helps....

I often have to do this, or resort to fixed time steps, when moving Ummus around on the moon.

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Ok thanks

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

Vsync was already enabled and my fps where locked at 75. I disabled it and i was getting 500 fps!