Murray wins historic Wimbledon title

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Congrats. I'm not against learning humility to Novak Djokovicz. And Marion Bartoli won the women title for France, so we're happy too :cheers:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Great indifference here I have to say, a middle class sport for folk who never left the playground.

N.

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
Marion Bartoli won the women title for France, so we're happy too :cheers:

Very Nice :thumbup:

Great indifference here I have to say, a middle class sport for folk who never left the playground.

N.

I'm not usually into sports, but I thought the win worthy of a thread. I do appreciate the indifference Notebook. :)
But I have enjoyed Mr Murray's drive and determination in chasing this title. Many consider Tennis middle class or a bore and I have to agree on both, like the majority of other sports I find, that don't end up in permanant injury or death.
But sometimes a person takes your interest when they push themselves and such determination has put Andy Murray's name on the pantheon of sporting achievement. No small task.

Anyway, I want bare chested Jousting brought back, I wonder how many middle/upper class folk would be up for that.

Now that, I would save for a ticket to see.

MattBaker

Reaction score
If your opponnents are Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic but you still manage to win three out of the last five major tournaments you know you've become one of - or for the time even THE - Best.

Congratulations to the UK for dominating sporting events in Europe. First Murray now Froome (although he's imported).
Although I still don't believe in Brazil 2014.:lol:

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This is truly a historic achievement, Murray is the first British man ever to win Wimbledon...

In shorts. :p

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Fair comment PennyBlack, just having to sit through the last two weeks of this(as a UK payer TV licence fee of £125). Sure you know this dominates on BBC1 and BBC2 that interval it just gets on my nerves.

N.

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
I won't start on about the BBC, else have this thread dumped into the basement. But I know that to much sport dominates our prime channels when Freeview has channels dedicated to sports that really should be used.

And I was only saying the other day, I'll have to check this out...

http://www.history.com/shows/full-metal-jousting

MUHAHahaaa... :chainsaw: