My home theater system

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
picture.php

Those three purchases over time set me back a little over $500, or almost a whole paycheck:lol:

But it does the job well, for what I paid:) That bass is so thumping it's sometimes hard to hear the actual music:lol: I improved it by cleaning all the junk out of the lower cabinet and putting the woofer down there for better acoustics.

The laptop came with Windows 7, but I wiped it and put in Kubuntu 12.04. I had to briefly switch it to Linux Mint 12 to get the DVD drive to play commercial movies, but that caused other problems, so I switched it back to Kubuntu and now I play movies in the Playstation. I just watch everything on the Internet, mostly using the mouse to navigate. There's a keyboard in the cabinet, but I don't normally use it unless I'm fixing something wrong with the system.

If you guys have any advice for other ways I could improve the system, please tell:)

Also, who else has a custom theater system?

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
I came along an electronic organ and took both the 8 inch speackers out of it. I took the old wardrobe apart and made a oblong box, cut out the circles for the speakers at the front with airholes front and back. I covered it in thin cord carpet. My computer's sound is plugged into the back of my old Hi-FI, that's got a good built in amp so I can feel good vibration on the walls and especially on my chest if I park infront of it. My Hi-Fi's got a broken CD chamber and only one working output channel to both speakers on my home made BOOM box. The sound is very good from it, exellent base and watching films, listening to music is an experience. Way better than the old tinny hi-fi speaker I had connected.

It's all on the cheap I'm afraid, but when I find another Hi-Fi sitting in a skip, I'll be able to have it all in stereo.

My brother has a Hi-FI thats all seperates and he has 4 very large speakers (like mine only way better with whoofers and twiters) connected to it, so you can imagine whats it's like on a Friday night around his when we surf YouTube. After a while, you can feel sick with the base, but your garrenteed to shatter any gall stones.

We love our setups don't we. :)

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Stereo 2.0 with old Sharp CP-R500 3-way speakers (wooden cases) connected to fairly old philips mini hi-fi fed by Audigy 2 ZS Gold.

images