News Nasa is planning trip to the sun?!?!

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
I can't comment on how viable a program like this is so I'll just say what came to my mind:

THAT IS SO BADASS. Can't wait til the media gets a hold of this and reports on NASA bombing the Sun!

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Let me be the first and last to make this comment on this thread:

They'll have to go at night.

There. Now it's said. Nobody else has to say it.

jinglesassy

Reaction score
I can't comment on how viable a program like this is so I'll just say what came to my mind:

THAT IS SO BADASS. Can't wait til the media gets a hold of this and reports on NASA bombing the Sun!

Yep they sure are going to have a field day with this more so then with the "THEY ARE BOMBING THE MOON TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO BLOW IT UP STOP THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Can you imagine how much money they'd have to spend on sunscreen for that thing if it went during the day? I hear SPF 2000000000000 is pretty expensive.

I have a solution for that one, in case it takes too long to get there and it turns out to be day again - it involves bean bags, a squirrel, six kilograms of rice, and a large wooden spoon. The rest will very soon be history.

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
I have a solution for that one, in case it takes too long to get there and it turns out to be day again - it involves bean bags, a squirrel, six kilograms of rice, and a large wooden spoon. The rest will very soon be history.

I see. That poor, poor squirrel.

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I see. That poor, poor squirrel.

Surprisingly, the squirrel is the only thing which survives the process. The reasons for this are many and varied, but it could be related to the possibility that squirrels, like mice, are pan-dimensional hyperintelligent beings bent on world domination. Or something.

On-topic a little more, I remember a mission to collect and analyse solar winds a few years back, but I forget the details of it.

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Surprisingly, the squirrel is the only thing which survives the process. The reasons for this are many and varied, but it could be related to the possibility that squirrels, like mice, are pan-dimensional hyperintelligent beings bent on world domination. Or something.

On-topic a little more, I remember a mission to collect and analyse solar winds a few years back, but I forget the details of it.
The Genesis mission? The one with the backwards-installed accelerometer that crashed to the desert?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
They must have been reading Artlav's thread.

Yeah, it shows that sometimes reality is more crazy than anything you can think ! :blink:

caningo

Developer-in-training
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Metaphasic shield anyone?

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
There were lotas of :probe: sent to sun.
All burned away, but until that moment they sent Data.