Gaming NASA Science Investigations (Android games)

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
Hello everyone! Happy independence day to India! I noticed that the Orbiter Forum is migrated to XenForo, which gives the forum a new look! Meanwhile, I was playing two Android games by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), both of them are collectively called NASA Science Investigations. The two games are following:
In Humans in Space, you have to berth an H-II Transfer Vehicle (HTV) while experiencing the effects of microgravity. It contain videos about the effects of microgravity. After accomplishing all the tasks, you can tour the International Space Station from Zvezda to Columbus, Kibo and the interior of HTV.

In Plant Growth, you have to do whatever the fictional astronaut Naomi is saying, in order to grow plants in space. It contain only two videos: one about the plants in space and the other is an instruction of how to grow plants in space. After accomplishing all the tasks, you have a limited tour of the International Space Station from Unity (Node 1) to Columbus and Kibo.

Tell me about your experience about one of the two games.

Last edited:

SuvegLo

Reaction score
Hahaha!! That's really funny. I would have never imagined that NASA would ever get involved in mobile games. The fact that it already has two android games is very amusing to me. Imagine if, in a few years time, the astronauts will be able to play more complex games such as League of Legends or Valorant. I can't imagine an astronaut going on lolfinity and buying an account to play League of Legends on his NASA computer. It would be nice though if astronauts and other NASA workers would be able to have some divertissement on their breaks from work.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
NASA also had a small multiplayer PC game about building a moon base.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I remember that one. It was limited, but had some fun with it. Could have become something with more maps and variety.