Question NASSP Forum

kerlix

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the NASSP forum seems to be down? I've been unable to reach it for several days and I'm surprised no one from that project has jumped over here to make mention of it.

If anyone wants to try, the link is: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/

The error I've been seeing is:
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

They were making good, consistent progress the past few months and really improving things. Hopefully the server/forum hasn't gone down for good.

EDIT: Actually testing the link in this post (to make sure I didn't screw it up), it actually leads to a different page. But going to it from my bookmarks leads to the above mentioned error message being displayed.

EDIT #2: Actually going to http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/, then selecting the Meadville Spaceflight Forum leads to where I'm currently see the message. Weird.

Last edited:

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The actual URL for that first link says "biblio" and not "ibiblio" at the beginning, so no wonder it leads to the wrong website.

I have honestly no idea what happened to the forum. I'll have to contact dseagrav if it doesn't come back in the next few days, although I don't really know who and what actually runs the forum. And if it is gone for good, we might need to ask for a NASSP dev sub-forum on here. We'll see.

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I had just assumed the project was dead. Wasn't the last update back in 2012 sometime?

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's been very much alive for the last few months. Well, at least more alive than it has been since 2012. You can get the latest Beta releases from here or here here.

There were a few major obstacles for progress that involved some heavy orbital mechanics and I am very glad that I could help with those and inspire people to start development again.

If you look at the development roadmap there are only a few points left for reaching the Version 7.0 goals. At least for Apollo 7 we have the implementation of the Launch Vehicle Digital Computer (LVDC++) working and we can calculate all ground-calculated maneuvers without the need for any external MFDs or other tools that would disturb the Apollo "astronaut experience". What is currently being worked on is a Mission Control feature that automatically displays Pre-Advisory Data (PADs) for maneuvers etc. and does uplinks to the Virtual AGC. There are also a few non-coder contributors that work on updating checklists and documentation. So hopefully soon even someone who has not memorized the Apollo Operations Handbook and read 100s of threads on the developer forums can fly a complete Apollo 7 mission from launch to reentry and soon after Apollo 8, too. :thumbup:

kerlix

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
The actual URL for that first link says "biblio" and not "ibiblio" at the beginning, so no wonder it leads to the wrong website.

I noticed and corrected that. Sloppy copy/paste on my part.

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Wow, can't believe I missed all that! Guess I kind of gave up after not seeing a much new for a few years (Damn you team gizka!) Glad to be wrong :cheers:

kerlix

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I'll have to contact dseagrav if it doesn't come back in the next few days, although I don't really know who and what actually runs the forum. And if it is gone for good, we might need to ask for a NASSP dev sub-forum on here. We'll see.

Any news? Still appears to be down. I always assumed Tschachim was taking care of the server issues, but I don't think he's been around for quite some time, possibly a year, maybe more. In any case, dseagrav (along with others, such as yourself) have basically filled the void of conducting and coordinating the dev process.

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I checked there about a week ago, looked pretty active for what it was.

Someone even had Orbiter 2015 build of NASSP there testing it out, they were working out some bugs, especially touch down points from what I remember and some random crashes. From what I saw it looked like NASSP was in quite active development.

dseagrav

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Rob Conley runs the forums, I think. I don't have any direct contact with him and I don't have any direct access to the server either. If it doesn't get fixed in another few days I'll assume it's not coming back and make other arrangements.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Rob Conley runs the forums, I think. I don't have any direct contact with him and I don't have any direct access to the server either. If it doesn't get fixed in another few days I'll assume it's not coming back and make other arrangements.

His profile page on the forums has an email address (thanks Google Cache). I sent him an email, best we can do I guess.

estar

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the NASSP forum seems to be down? I've been unable to reach it for several days and I'm surprised no one from that project has jumped over here to make mention of it.

If anyone wants to try, the link is: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/

The error I've been seeing is:

They were making good, consistent progress the past few months and really improving things. Hopefully the server/forum hasn't gone down for good.

EDIT: Actually testing the link in this post (to make sure I didn't screw it up), it actually leads to a different page. But going to it from my bookmarks leads to the above mentioned error message being displayed.

EDIT #2: Actually going to http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/, then selecting the Meadville Spaceflight Forum leads to where I'm currently see the message. Weird.

Working on the issue. Seems there was a upgrade of the SQL Server give me a few days and I will keep folks posted.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

I will also ask again about getting NASSP an account on ibiblio as well. Last time my request will down a black hole and I didn't hear back from the site maintainers.

estar

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Any news?

Waiting for their replay to the questions I have. The basic issues is that I can login on to my mscorbit account. But the handy FAQ they had for connecting to the SQL Database is gone. After an evening of fumbling around I am asking them where the FAQ is.

UPDATE
I think they upgraded MYSQL and the password requirements have changed.

I put in a request to alter the password.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

It fixed now the problem was indeed the fact they upgraded MySQL and the mscforum sql password had to be updated as it was no longer in the correct format.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

It fixed now the problem was indeed the fact they upgraded MySQL and the mscforum sql password had to be updated as it was no longer in the correct format.

Last edited:

dseagrav

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Good work, thanks a million~