NASSP V8.0 update 1616, Orbiter 2016 beta and Orbiter_ng.exe: Installation process question.

Wedge313

Reaction score
Hello. I'm currently about 2 hours away from splashdown of the NASSP Apollo 8 mission, and I'm already thinking ahead to the next flight, probably Apollo 9 or 10. I have Orbiter 2016 installed, and have been using Orbiter_ng.exe while running the Apollo 8 scenario. Once I'm finished I would like to install the Orbiter 2016 beta, which I understand will allow me to maneuver while docked with the LM better. Do I need to uninstall anything, or can all these Orbiters live separately in peace? I see I'll need to get the D3D9 beta, do I need to delete the D3D9 I'm currently using? Also, I'm currently using NASSP V8-0 version 1519, I see version 1616 was just released. I assume there are a lot of important tweaks in 1616 that I should take advantage of? Can I just unzip 1616 into Orbiter beta, or do I have to delete 1519? Thanks.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
You don't need to uninstall anything.

Orbiter doesn't write anything to the windows registry, and you can have as many copies of Orbiter installed as you want, just treat them as completely separate

Just make a new folder for it (call it whatever you like), and do the install into that folder.

Here's what I have for folders:
1615006311095.png

Orbiter beta is a standalone install. Do not install it over Orbiter 2016.

D3D9 Client, Orbitersound, NASSP, and any other Orbiter addons are all just files and libraries that a specific instance of Orbiter loads, and Orbiter(each one) only cares about what's in it's specific folder.

I hope I explained that well, if not let me know.

Wedge313

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll be doing this soon, and appreciate the info.