Idea Next/Future AMSO ideas

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
Remember guys keep the ideas in the abilities of Orbiter.
The multiplayer idea, maybe possible in the near future but not know, becuase the multiplayer development is not kicking.
Alot of the Venus fly-by and the AAP is used in NASSP.
But great ideas guys.

---------- Post added at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 AM ----------

Hey guys, i made an idea what could be done with Orbiter 2006 now.
*Apollo 7 scenarios, with Saturn IB and LC-34. Hard.
*Historical views for staging. Easy.
*Assembly/Rollout sequence scenarios. Hard.
*CM heat shield plasma glow. Medium
*Apollo/Soyuz scenarios, with docking apartment. Hard.
*Textured Apollo 18,19,20 landing sites. Medium.
*Improved LES textures. Medium.
*Hatch Animations (Opened, Closed). Medium
*Camera vessel shaking variation. Easy.
*Updated Failure simulations. Easy.
*Improved RCS plume texture. Easy.

I know i dont have any authority over anything, but these are things that could be done in the next version of AMSO. Other suggestions could be possible in later versions. Tell me what you think if things could be added and or taken out.
Thanks.
Ryan.

LoserSVK

Reaction score
maybe accurate docking with physics + collision if u dock too fast or something like that.

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
maybe accurate docking with physics + collision if u dock too fast or something like that.

Something like that is being done with Soyuz, i dont know if its completly perfected. But i would imagine the same thing will be possible with AMSO, by the way does anyone know if that Soyuz feature is even perfected yet, October sky i believe it is.

V8Li

Reaction score
Realistic CM aerodynamics (ie. control the lift by rotating the center of gravity). I just love reentries :) , the more realistic the better. Next would be a realistic computer, at least showing the flight values.

kino_astroboy

Orbinaut-in-Training
Reaction score
Another realistic and much easier idea would be the implementation of CM Endeavour's failed main chute which resulted in a faster descent.

kino_astroboy

Orbinaut-in-Training
Reaction score
I also noted some bugs with the ATC sound feature of AMSO. For example, the Apollo 8: Live From the Moon TV broadcast could not play (Apollo-0854458) and whenever I engage the PDI autopilot in Apollo 15's LM, it plays Scott's stand-up EVA instead (LM-1070003).

I really hope these bugs could be fixed in the next AMSO version.

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi,
it's not an "improvement idea" of AMSO but an addon idea:

Whats about a (never planned?) "far side exploration mission" (Apollo 21 or so), for example, a landing on the "mare moscoviense".

To make it more realistic and have communication on the far side, the 3 stage of the SaturnV can contain a communication system and can be used as comunication platform and relais station. After it's seperation from the Apollo spaceship, it will accelerate prograte, so it is behind the moon before the LOI-burn of the Apollo spaceship.

Last edited:

orbiterguy

Reaction score
We could have a apollo 13 scenario. That would be fun.
I know amso are historical but it would be nice to see them do the modern day version to apollo:ares

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I really doubt UMMU would be added to AMSO

Tycho

Reaction score
1. Functional Modular Equipment Transporter for Apollo 14 to carry drill, alsep, etc.
2. Lunar golf on Apollo 14
3. Highly detailed landing sites for Apollos 18 and 19
4. Ability to plan your own eva's. (i.e. explore Taurus Littrow Valley on your own timeline and eva stations)
5. Additional alsep activities (i.e. Additional experiments)
6. Stand-up eva for Apollo 15
7. Animated equipment bay deployment (like lrv deployment)

I'm not sure how many of these are possible under the current Orbiter version, but I thought they would make AMSO much more fun and realistic than it already is (is that possible!?)

Submariner

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
This may be silly, but I always wished you could switch to the rest periods in the LEM, so that the astronaut models would be shown sleeping in the hammocks, lights dimmed, etc. Something other than just standing at their stations in their suits.

Everything Tycho said about mission-specific details, anything to make the missions less generic. You could also have:

1. Hammer and feather Galileo experiment from 15
2. Tracy's initials from 17
3. Hammer throw from 17 (could the hammer be a vessel with an " engine " burst to have a realistic trajectory?)
4. Different looking and sized samples, and more detailed sample stations.

I'd also like to see realistic looking docking hatches in the LM and CM interior meshes. Especially the LM, because right now it just has a bare, flat ceiling. They would be open when docked of course, so that you could partially see into the other vessel. (If this is not possible, you could just add the open hatch and half the tunnel to each vessel, to give the illusion of an open tunnel between them.

And of course, it would be great to have completed 18 and 19 missions, with specific landing sites, and EVA activities. (Use your imagination!)

Thanks for an already FANTASTIC addon!!

Last edited:

polaris149Tiberius

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.101stAirborneDivisionClan.com
Additions to AMSO

I would really like to see a few more working/functioning things in the cockpit. Specifically the

*Flight Director Attitude Indicator (FDAI)

This way when Apollo 13 starts to roll around in all the x,y,z directions Houston can say "Watch that gimbal lock -we don't want you flyin' off in to outer space..."

I can say "Inform Houston I'm well aware of the god damn gimbals. I dont have to hear the obvious I got the frappin 8-ball right in front of me!"

"Sorry Andy you want us to go to VOX?".... I would also like to have that so I can roll, pitch, yaw to any degree heading that isn't with in the dead band.

Oh an I know NASSP has this this already, but what would keep AMSO from adding a working AGC and DSKY to their rendition of the Apollo cockpits. The source code for the AGC is available and it would be awesome if it worked to control the vessel and do burns and all the things the real Apollo AGC does. There is even a simulator out there that is open source.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
An Apollo-Apollo docking module for a fictionnal LEO joint mission. :2cents:

mike-c

Reaction score
AMSO future-phantasy

posted from polaris149Tiberius:
''
Oh an I know NASSP has this this already, but what would keep AMSO from adding a working AGC and DSKY to their rendition of the Apollo cockpits. The source code for the AGC is available and it would be awesome if it worked to control the vessel and do burns and all the things the real Apollo AGC does. There is even a simulator out there that is open source

No, I really wouldn't complain about AMSO, which gave me some wonderful rides during the last winter - "Apollo by the numbers" always at hand.

But... what is Apollo-experience without ACG/LGC?
Being orbinaut for only 9months I still keep a orbiter2006P1 instance with NASSP 2008xxxxand appropiate IMFD-ver, just for that reason - AGC; beside the joy of setting GDC-align, FC-fuel-valve latch etc. right at time.

I understand AMSO has set it's priorities how to simulate. Only, just AGC?

Last edited:

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Honestly, my only idea right now is for AMSO to be compatible with the new beta. Landing at Taurus Littrow in the latest beta with D3D9 would be an incredible experience. Other than that I have no real complaints. :)

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Honestly, my only idea right now is for AMSO to be compatible with the new beta. Landing at Taurus Littrow in the latest beta with D3D9 would be an incredible experience. Other than that I have no real complaints. :)

I was using AMSO for the first time in awhile this weekend, did Apollo 11 and then part of 17. The Moon looks so much better in the Beta even from 100km alt. Probably if they recompiled AMSO for the Beta it probably would work, the landing sites would have to be redone or simply deleted and left as is in the Beta. When the new version of Orbiter is released, I can't wait for some of the addons being updated to support it. I read people are testing NASSP with the new beta.

barrygolden

Reaction score
With AMSO being one of the best addons it would be hard to top but with the 4rock addons complete it would be nice to see the Symth Sea base done or the Mo-Lab used to explore other sites. I would be able to fund these projects if there were some interest