MapMFD No green orbit plane line on Map MFD when going to the moon.

Kirscovitch

Reaction score
I've managed to get to the moon and land at Brighton Beach once. Now the last few launches I've made the green orbital plane line wont show up. I have it set to reference moon and target is set for Brighton Beach. I dont think I've turned anything off or on by mistake. What am I missing?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I've managed to get to the moon and land at Brighton Beach once. Now the last few launches I've made the green orbital plane line wont show up. I have it set to reference moon and target is set for Brighton Beach. I dont think I've turned anything off or on by mistake. What am I missing?

How does your Orbit MFD look like? Are you in lunar orbit?

If you are in low Earth orbit, you should have no line but something like a small circle or 8 on the map, when projected onto the moon, since the moon is tidal locked to Earth.

Kirscovitch

Reaction score
Last night I was in a 15km high orbit with 0.000 ecc and there was still no orbit plane line. But now tonight when I booted up orbiter, I went into launchpad and turned off TransX which I enabled the other night and now on my way to the moon the plane line is on when I switch to the map with the moon as a reference. I'm not sure if last night was a glitch or TransX had something to do with it?