No more patch requests

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Well, bad news. The site I use to compile (and partly create) the patches I make, has been hacked and has been rendered useless.

I'm not going to post a link in fear of spreading any viruses (if any) to the site but here is what it looks like at the moment.
hacked.png

So, I really cannot make any patches right now. Unless somehow a package of Photoshop makes a sub-orbital stop into my mailbox, I don't think I can do anything of any good quality until this lifts. If it does.

My sincerest apologies to everyone waiting on a patch from me. (PhantomCruiser, Scruce, Nazban, OFSS III) If I can make it up to you somehow, just let me know.

When and if this is ever undone, I will make up for it in the fastest speed possible with optimal quality.

And yes, I have changed my signature. :(

Thanks and cheers,
-Eli

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
That's really too bad. Your patches were probably your best contribution to the community.

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
No worries dude! Patches can wait, like DanM said, your patches are very, very good. I've knocked a graphic together that can do for the meantime, so I'm in no rush.
Your computer didn't suffer any ill effects from the virus did it?

Last edited:

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
Why not use a different program, such as GIMP or Paint.net?

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
You've changed all of your passwords, right?

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
You've changed all of your passwords, right?

Yes, of course. I change them often anyways. From what I can gather, this guy hacks more for fun than actual info.

@Fireballs619, I can try, but it would be sub-par. At any rate, it would still take some time to gain the skill I would want to have to publish a patch using them. Oh, I have GIMP, but it doesn't necessarily agree with my way of thinking. Thanks though.

*EDIT: @PhantomCruiser no, I believe it was a DoS attack on the site, but I wasn't going to take chances on any viruses being spread to anyone on the forum.

[hint: something tells me some improbable things listed in the original post may be possible...]

Last edited:

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
From what I can gather, this guy hacks more for fun than actual info.

That's where I equate people like that with monkeys who like to throw poo.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
That's where I equate people like that with monkeys who like to throw poo.

Seconded. I had some more... choice words for him, but then again, that's below my intelligence and my normal standards.

Last edited:

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Right on. :thumbup:

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
*EDIT: @PhantomCruiser no, I believe it was a DoS attack on the site, but I wasn't going to take chances on any viruses being spread to anyone on the forum.

DoS attack? From what I know of DoS attacks, this doesn't sound likely. My best bet would be that the server's FTP password hadn't been changed in years, or that the FTP server has a default account with a simple login like [email protected], with password set as "password" or "admin" or something easy to guess.

After that, he just wiped everything from the server and installed his own website.

Given his style - "Nya nya nya nya I hacked your website" - he was probably doing it just to show off. Any attacked that's after data usually doesn't bring the website down, but leaves it operational. The webmaster has no idea that the website got attacked. In the mean time, more customers leave their information on the website that the attacker gets access to.

Last edited:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Sorry, not exactly the hacking expert here. Just a guess. He's done DoS stuff before. It would make sense for it to happen again.

Mantis

Reaction score
They ought to bring in a law allowing immediate summary execution of hackers, virus writers and spammers. It would make the world a much better place.

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
...if they can catch them.

Any decent hacker will use no less than eight other IP addresses in a series to work from in order to do any one thing.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
It is?
Maybe it will be resolved soon. Keep your fingers crossed people.

Zachstar

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.ibiblio.org
I would recommend learning gimp or paint.net. Both are used by professional's these days and are extremely powerful (I highly doubt Photoshop has anything that you can make use of without years of experience that gimp dosent have in one way or another)

Most of these online photo editing sites are just that. For touching up photos or adding a little pizazz not actually creating anything.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
From what I can gather, this guy hacks more for fun than actual info.
Why can't he go to the competitions then?
Real prizes, safe fame, nice line in resume, etc.

What he done instead is equivalent to painting F-word high on a side of a building - just break the simple lock, climb out and try not to fall. You can't even boast with something like that.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
And the site is now back up. Well, thanks for bearing with me for those few hours. Should be back on track with everything now.

Thanks guys,
-Eli

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
They ought to bring in a law allowing immediate summary execution of hackers, virus writers and spammers. It would make the world a much better place.

I like the way you think. :thumbup:

In the words of Kenny Everett... "We should round them all up, put them in a field and bomb the :censored: