Problem No text in any MFD with D3D9Client

Atrament666

Reaction score
Hi,
After years of happy orbiting I had to reinstall the system. And now I don't seem to be able to make the Orbiter running as it used to.

I downloaded the latest available Orbiter 2016, the latest D3D9Client and the latest XR2 and XRSound.

I am trying to run it in Linux Manjaro with wine. There is no text in the MFDs not in the cockpit or in the glass view, they are just blank, or some of them, like Orbit MFD for example, contain only the graphic elements.

It works using the stock engine, but not with D3D9Client. But I prefer D3D9Client for the better performance.

I tried all possible combinations of settings in Video section, older versions of D3D9Client, I also tried the beta version of Orbiter with matching beta version of D3D9. I spent hours googling and searching this forum but with no luck.

I am attaching a screenshot where you can see the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• orbiter.jpg
    orbiter.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 22

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum!

I haven't run Orbiter under Wine myself, but you could check out the forum thread Orbiter 2016 under Wine for more information.

:cheers:

Atrament666

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I have already seen that thread, sadly nothing there helped me. I tried everything mentioned there but always with the same result.

But I have noticed something - the InterplanetaryMFD works. Even more - if I switch to the IMFD and then click Sel the menu is suddenly working but then when I try to open any other MFD it's gone again...

Is InterplanetaryMFD drawing itself somehow differently then other MFDs?