Question Non-SCA 747

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Yes. But not sure what you are asking.

But I can have the 747 with the struts and attach/detach a shuttle. But it looked like it had a extra thing covering the rear of the shuttle.

That is the tailcone used to cover the tail section of the orbiter during flights.
I guess you can either get rid of it or, if it is a pain in the ass, just keep it.
It would be nice to have a functioning SCA for O2016. Maybe a more detailed mesh with landing gear bays aswell if someone is willing to do those.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well I can cut the gear bay out.

I could do a dll version then press a key and that tailcone cover is seen.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So I cut the front gear housing out. But the rear gear is where I am having issues? I haven't found a good drawing of the cut out areas.

0kbiidZ.jpg

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. I have seen that. The new wing I has has the rear flaps. It looked like there maybe 3 sets of flaps. But I may just have 1 that translates back and rotates down?

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score

That is the B757 landing gear system, quite different from the 747

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Thanks. I have seen that. The new wing I has has the rear flaps. It looked like there maybe 3 sets of flaps. But I may just have 1 that translates back and rotates down?

What about using the 747SCA from the NASA Aircraft Fleet by Dave413.
As far as I remember the mesh are better and the landing gear was ok.
It just needs to be modified to work with Orbiter 2016

Here it is

SCA.jpg

And you also have the two different liveries (this one in the screenshot and the old AA one)

Last edited:

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Where is it? Is it part of the SF? Does it work in 2016?

this is where you find all dave413 addons including the NASA Aircraft Fleet 4.5

https://simviation.com/1/browse-Orbiter+Addons-142-1

I don't think it works with O2016 but as you were able to adapt Kev's SCA maybe you can do the same with Dave413. The fleet also includes the Shuttle Enterprise, the modified Gulfstream used for approach and landing training and the NASA T-38. The packege comes with a nice series of scenarios and tutorial playbacks :thumbup:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well Then no code is provided. So would have to start from scratch. I can look at his mesh. But since he isn't around to give permission to use his mesh it might be a problem

Marg

Reaction score
There is hutchison' s addon of SCA. And I modified attachment for shuttles. Then using Pylon MFD, I can easily attach\detach any shuttle from SCA. And even attach to MDD, and pull it up/or down.

Marg

Reaction score
Only MDD could be made... I did not make proper movements, just used dummy vehicle K-MDD_ROT.ini, where I used robotic arm principle, but it could be made better. I failed to make translate movement, so I used rotation, but with a very distant point of rotation so it looks like translation.
But "vehicle's" origin is the same astronaut (swivel arms etc.)...
Also I could not make "yellow crane" to make synchronous move with shuttle.
It moves faster than spacecraft, if I activate visible group movement.

Marg

Reaction score
Yes, it is that... I remade textures though (mapping there is not the best, so it does not use whole available texture\pic area in spite of relatively high resolution). And also Ambient material settings are too low 0.2 0.2 0.2 they should be remade to 0.9 or higher, I think I also accidentally increased specular parameter (which was also 0.2) to 0.9. And it also looks better.