Non specific uplink message

sw34669

Reaction score
Found it , i know i asked this question before and you said the uplink messages had LM: or CSM: before them
Just after sep and a few mins before DOI I get a message to uplink that doesnt specify which (LM or CSM)
i thought it was for lm

also I think those 2 abort pads that came in over-wrote my PDI pad ..... how do I get that back. Is there any way if an abort hasn't been asked for, in the mcc menu, that you just dont display them. There are so many pads for LM and CSM that come in around seperation time it's real easy when you're burried in 3 ast's work to miss them ?

Attachments

• Screenshot (926).png
    Screenshot (926).png
    6.4 MB · Views: 158

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Found it , i know i asked this question before and you said the uplink messages had LM: or CSM: before them
Just after sep and a few mins before DOI I get a message to uplink that doesnt specify which (LM or CSM)
i thought it was for lm

That isn't the message that asks if you are ready to uplink. That is the message that gets printed when you allow the uplink to start, after pressing 2 in the CAPCOM menu. It always prints that message and then the type of uplink, "CSM state vector" in this case. It's a dialog of sorts:

CAPCOM: "CSM: Read for uplink?"
Astronaut: "Ready for uplink"

The message with the question mark is repeated every 60 seconds, so if you aren't sure for which vehicle the message was just wait. Or press 6 in the CAPCOM menu to redisplay the previous messages.

also I think those 2 abort pads that came in over-wrote my PDI pad ..... how do I get that back. Is there any way if an abort hasn't been asked for, in the mcc menu, that you just dont display them. There are so many pads for LM and CSM that come in around seperation time it's real easy when you're burried in 3 ast's work to miss them ?

The MCC is only showing the PADs that the astronauts actually got during a mission, abort or not those PADs were read up to them. All PADs are shown for at least 3 minutes, which should be enough provided you have nothing else to do in the CSM or LM. But of course you have to do the job of three astronauts at once in NASSP, so if it's all not enough time it is totally fair to use 0.1x time acceleration, at least to write down the PADs before they disappear. There are ways through the debug menu to go back to previous PADs and their calculations but I can't really recommend them as they might mess up the timing of certain MCC events.

I'm thinking about saving all the PADs that come in during an Orbiter session in a text file in the Orbiter main folder. So if you missed one you have that as backup. Another method would be to let the MCC do the work of filling out PADs and saving all the PADs somewhere, each with a unique name or so. But that is the much more complex solution that will require a lot more time. Just printing it to a simple text file wouldn't be much work at all.

sw34669

Reaction score
thanks understand.
If you dump to a simple text file, of the Pad name, it would help a lot. If I want, I can use a q poller to print anything that drops into a particular directory.

it's like trying to fly 2 ships whilst someone throws blank index cards at you and a pen to copy down :)
I am growing more certain i have screwed up alignment prior to seperation which may, be driving some of my RR problems.
Something is also strange with the RR voltage on the CSM in both my save and the std sceanrios that ship with NASSP
The father of the code is having a look later, i am hopeful i've found a bug rather than it being dumb thumbs.
I posted my current scenario on the other thread

Is there any way to get round the mouse vanishing bug in Orbiter ? A real pain in the reticule.

sw34669

Reaction score
here is the same scenario a bit before, when the ships are closer

Attachments

• (Current state) 0006.zip
    53.7 KB · Views: 141