Nonspherical gravity sources NASSP

Giuse101

Reaction score
Is it mandatory to have this option activated? I think it makes all the maneuvering very hard. Is there an option to make docking easier for someone who’s still learning the ropes?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You mean the gravitational interaction between two vessel that are docking ? It is still something very very weak, should not be a big problem.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
You definitely have this enabled. The rtcc and agc are expected nonspherical orbit perturbations when they propagate the vessel state vectors.

Which part of the docking are you having trouble with? If you're within a few miles or so the results should be almost unnoticeable, relatively to each other.

Giuse101

Reaction score
Oh ok maybe I let the CM drift too far and rotate too much, so I could not get it back to a stable status. But if you say its unnoticeable then I will keep on and try to do the docking maneuver better.

Thanks

MrFickles

Reaction score
If it helps you at all, docking MFD and docking HUD are available to aid you. It's not realistic, but I think it could help novices keep track of their attitude and rates.

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If you follow the docking procedures the CMC pretty much will hold your alignment and you only have to control translation