O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Dear Fellow Users,

Over the past few months we've had a large influx of new members. Some have become a positive part of the community, and others less so. Disappointingly, the Moderation team has noticed a significant prejudice and impatience towards some new members. It is important to understand that we are all different and sometimes these new members need more time to understand and learn things than others.

The Moderation team asks that existing members aim to be patient, welcoming and help new members in a positive and constructive way. If you cannot post in these threads without being nasty or arrogant, then please do not post. If you consider that a user is trolling, making such accusations in a public forum is not appropriate - report the post and let a Moderator deal with it.

From the Forum's "About Us" page:
ORBITER-FORUM offers the ability for users to share their experiences, and for teams to collaborate and communicate online which is an integral part of the ORBITER experience.
This should be available to all, regardless of skill level, experience or age. All users of Orbiter-Forum deserve to be treated with respect and the Moderation team will enforce this. Your cooperation in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Orbiter-Forum Moderation Team

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Does that mean we have to tolerate copy and pasting of "UFOlogy" articles?

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Yes, you have to.
You can either ignore them or reply in a mature manner, regardless of the nature of the original post.

edit: And of course you are free to report any post that offends you in any way.

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes, you have to.
You can either ignore them or reply in a mature manner, regardless of the nature of the original post.

edit: And of course you are free to report any post that offends you in any way.

Even posts made by moderators ;) ?

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Guys, this is a serious announcement. Please refrain from the dry humor here, we are trying to inform the community of a problem which we feel needs to be improved upon. If you find a post on the board that's offensive then please do not hesitate to report it, no matter who posted it. Every post reported is reviewed by the Moderation team. Do not abuse the report function though, even if in humor. It's there for a very good reason and that is not one of them...

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Every post reported is reviewed by the Moderation team. Do not abuse the report function though, even if in humor. It's there for a very good reason and that is not one of them...

I don't think any posts here are here with the intention of making people laugh, same goes for any posts reported.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Just to clarify:

TSPenguin is simply implying that no user should be afraid to report a post, even if it was posted by a Moderator. In other words, Mods should not be considered "above the law". If you would rather report a Moderator's post to me privately then you may send me a PM.

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Just to clarify:

TSPenguin is simply implying that no user should be afraid to report a post, even if it was posted by a Moderator. In other words, Mods should not be considered "above the law". If you would rather report a Moderator's post to me privately then you may send me a PM.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

:cheers:

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Guys, this is a serious announcement. Please refrain from the dry humor here, we are trying to inform the community of a problem which we feel needs to be improved upon. If you find a post on the board that's offensive then please do not hesitate to report it, no matter who posted it. Every post reported is reviewed by the Moderation team. Do not abuse the report function though, even if in humor. It's there for a very good reason and that is not one of them...
He has a very valid point, we should be kind to all members, extra-terrestrial or otherwise. :welcome: to all!

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
About time, some of the aggression towards new people here is a little scary.

Still, seeing as all my posts offend me I guess I'll have to start reporting myself. :(

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
In some posts I was also not ever polite. But I want to help every new member if I can. Now even more.
Good announcement. :welcome:to all.

sunshine135

All Around Good Guy
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Always remember that the person who you blew off may have been the programmer that would have taken Orbiter to the next level.

Peace to all,