Question ODS camera is black ?

Snax

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Hi there, Snax again, coming with another question :p

It's about the camera mounted on the ODS.
I noticed that it cannot see anything except the payload baydoors (so the owship) when they are closed.
hFbt6wT.png

I noticed that when I wanted to dock with that camera without the docking MFD. There's a black thing covering the ODS camera.
P9XNSxc.png

I saw that with the freecamera, at the very same position but slight up in relation to the space shuttle, we can see "behind" the black
h31dGCX.png

So I did that again and here it is, there's ISS
U0Fvxb4.png

My question is now, is there a way to edit the position of this camera so we can properlay see with it ?

Thanks !

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
In MOGE all is well, but in D3D9 the ISS is not visible, but with F9 the vessel name shows up. Actually the ISS is visible on the edges of the view, so there is something going on with the hiding of the hatches, or it's the window there... I'll play with this more tonight.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
So, I created a ticket with something I noticed awhile back (but only got a line in a post) which is the External Airlock window is kinda messy... :uhh:
If there's anything for me to do about this issue, it will be after that window gets squared away, or in this case centered away... ba dum tis :lol:
Of note here is that these hatches are probably all equal, so IMO making one and then cloning as needed is the way to go.