Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Mission Name: OFMM-2

CDR: Busdriver
Backup CDR: Samuel Edwards
EVA-1 Lead: BusDriver
EVA-2 Lead: Luke Skywalker

Description:

This mission is a rendevous and check out of the James Cook. The CDR will launch to James Cook and dock.
The full range of james cook systems will be tested and inventoried. Two EVA's will be mounted to examine the exterior state of the James Cook.

Flight Plan:

FD-1 - Launch
FD-2 - DGIV systems checkout
FD-3 - James Cook Docking & equipment transfers
FD-4 - Equipment transfers, EVA-1 Campout
FD-5 - EVA-1 & systems testing
FD-6 - Transfers & Off Duty time, EVA-2 campout
FD-7 - EVA-2 & systems testing
FD-8 - James Cook reboost to 450 x 500 (James Cook engines)
FD-9 - Final transfer & Off Duty
FD10 - Undocking and flyaround
FD11 - RCS/FCS Checkouts
FD12 - Landing. Nominal EOM
FD13 - EOM+1
FD14 - EOM+2

Busdriver, Samuel Edwards & Luke Skywalker please report in and confirm you are able and ready to fly this mission. Please confirm that you are all happy with the mission flight plan.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Reporting for duty. and FD means flight day right?

Thats right, FD1 is flight day one, the very first day of the mission and only starts when the mission starts so if the launch is scrubbed for any reason it's not a flight day.

I am going to TRY to get the scenario done for this weekend but I give no promises!

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
All right guys - I've got some time back now that I've been in my new job a few months so can pick this up again.

Luke Skywalker and Samuel Edwards - Can you please let me know if you guys are still good to fly this mission?

BusDriver

Reaction score
Gary,

I'll be unable to fly until the 2-3rd of April, as I'm going out on vacations. If you're going to set up the mission for the next few days, unfortunately I'll have to pass.

Sorry,

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
No, we ... had a delay in the RL side of it. However, we're getting restarted.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Gary,

I'll be unable to fly until the 2-3rd of April, as I'm going out on vacations. If you're going to set up the mission for the next few days, unfortunately I'll have to pass.

Sorry,

You guys very kindly waited for me so the least I can do is wait for you. :tiphat:

This mission looks really awesome!
I have a stupid question: are you guys on Mars yet? Or is this still in the planning stages?

Not planning, we have a path to Mars (have a look at the mission discussions). This mission is about checking out our Mars ship.

BusDriver

Reaction score
You guys very kindly waited for me so the least I can do is wait for you. :tiphat:

Thanks! I'll be able to fly it on the 2nd and/or the 3rd of April. Just post it whenever you have it ready and I'll get it done.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Roll Call - take two

Attempting to gauge interest in who would be keen to take on this mission? After some discussions on IRC I'm considering making some minor changes to the scenario delivery process to make it more streamlined.

So, who can take this mission?

RacerX

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
This sounds good....Will you guys be live streaming the mission by any chance? Do you guys have a way of doing a type of play-by-play of the missions. How is all of this handled? Any audio or video or both from a flight director or some-such?

Lord Wasteland

Orbinaut
Reaction score
I can take it in two days. What heading is she on, for an autopilot, or is she on a equatorial orbit?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
This sounds good....Will you guys be live streaming the mission by any chance? Do you guys have a way of doing a type of play-by-play of the missions. How is all of this handled? Any audio or video or both from a flight director or some-such?

That would be up to the person flying the mission. I've found that no single option fits all the people who wish to participate and therefore it's better for the person flying to decide if they wish to stream, do an IRC mission control session, whatever they want. I am changing my role to be that of 'He who giveth scenarios'

I can take it in two days. What heading is she on, for an autopilot, or is she on a equatorial orbit?

Thats the person flying the mission to work out. I will provide the scenario file and the planning, for similar reasons above, is totally up to the person flying the mission. I will provide a launch window in the scenario, the rest is up to the pilot.

Lord Wasteland

Orbinaut
Reaction score
Thats the person flying the mission to work out. I will provide the scenario file and the planning, for similar reasons above, is totally up to the person flying the mission. I will provide a launch window in the scenario, the rest is up to the pilot.

Got it. So, around in 14 hours (providing, the scenario is posted), I'll start the mission and dock with the Cook, James.