OFMM Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Well, you can haul enough material with a single XR-5, to assemble three or four Mars bases. It is no challenge then. The Shuttle-A could land about 120 tons of cargo on Mars, that is still a lot, but would not mean that the number of missions gets too low.

I know that there can be factors for still having more flights. But how much stuff do you want to leave on Mars and how much time should then be spend for assembly on the ground? Not all players will like playing UMMU chess.

1. The missions (How, why, when).

2. The mode of operations (What methods are we using to get to mars).

3. The method of Mars visit (ISRU, Quick Sortie, long term).

I really didn't want to go into discussions over those three as I was planning on seperate threads for them. My idea was to have one week on Roll Call, One week on mission discussions, one week on vehicle discussions then fly the missions but I see that no matter how many times I try to keep to that plan people want to get ahead and start doing things now.

Can we please get back to roll call?

Last edited:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I think it would be great to make the first space station in mars orbit. Ship supplies to mars and then assemble launchers to specifically launch from a station on mars surface.

That can be discussed when I put the mission list up. Right now I think that a Mars space station is not going to happen.

Well, you can haul enough material with a single XR-5, to assemble three or four Mars bases. It is no challenge then. The Shuttle-A could land about 120 tons of cargo on Mars, that is still a lot, but would not mean that the number of missions gets too low.

Yup. That's quite true.

I know that there can be factors for still having more flights. But how much stuff do you want to leave on Mars and how much time should then be spend for assembly on the ground? Not all players will like playing UMMU chess.

Yup, also true but not all the missions will be to Mars. Some will be to the moon, ISS and so on. I already have half the missions worked out along with a few other side 'missions' which I don't want to post yet until I've worked outsome of the details hence doing the roll call first to find out what people do want to do and what they don't want to do.

Mission discussions will be in a thread I'll post next week.

Solar424

Reaction score
1. I would like to fly a mission, of any sort.
2. I am very good at flying into LEO, and to Mars.
3. Probably the fact that sometimes Orbiter crashes on me and will revert all my progress.
4. Yes.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
1. I would love to help out the planning and design of the missions. Dont have really any skill in terms of meshing or coding.
2. If need be, I can fly missions, but would rather leave that up to those that only want to fly missions, but I can do just about everything in LEO, even with realistic vehicles such as the Shuttle, and I can fly and land on Mars. I use IMFD as my primary Interplanetary navigation system.
3. Time is always hard for me to judge as my schedule is not regular, but for the forseeable future, I should be able to help out with this project
4. Yes

BusDriver

Reaction score
Just posting what I already sent to Garyw in a PM.

1. What role you would like in OFMM (planning, meshing, flying a mission, etc)
Flying... only thing I'm good at now.

2. What experience you have flying in LEO, to Mars, etc.
LEO a lot, haven't done any flying to Mars yet.

4. Can you commit to something that will go on for several months?
Affirm.

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
1. What role you would like in OFMM (planning, meshing, flying a mission, etc)
2. What experience you have flying in LEO, to Mars, etc.
3. What your one concern about flying to Mars is (Time? skills? not flying?, etc)
4. Can you commit to something that will go on for several months?

1. Documenting. I've proven myself reasonably good at putting together ersatz RSS feeds, and I love to write. I'd also be up for LEO support.
2. I'm very good at piloting in LEO with multiple vessels, and am experienced at circumlunar operations. Not so good at flying to Mars though.
3. All of the above (except for not flying. That, I can do in my own time).
4. Affirmative. See #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.