garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I thought it worth explaining the method for which I was going to deliver the mission scenarios now that I've put the first mission thread up.

The method I am planning on using was to make available a zip file with the details for that mission - any checklists, any meshes, textures, etc.
A link will be posted in the mission specific thread.

This means that for OFMM-1 you'll need the zip file from OFMM-P1 otherwise you might get a CTD. For OFMM-2 you'll need OFMM-P1 and OFMM-1.

Around OFMM-6 I'll release a new zip file with everything brought up to date.

What are peoples thoughts on this delivery process? Is there any way I can make it easier for everyone and keep the download sizes small?

Wood

Reaction score
Sounds good, best to place them up on OrbitHangar for simplicity. On a related note, could you please post a list of all required addons so people can get them all installed and tested early on. Thanks.

andochoa

Reaction score
If the required addons list is not short, it would be good to have the order of the installation sequence. (and maybe the link too).

Also thinking about the installables packages, and seeing the diversity of names of the missions, with at least three naming groups, we can standardize them, perhaps in the form "OFMM-PackNN-" concatenating the name of each mission, "OFMM-Pack01-P1" "OFMM-Pack02-1", "OFMM-Pack03-2" and so on, so everyone can see in a second for a missing package, just my opinion, comments welcome.:thumbup:

IMO, releasing a new zip file with everything won't help, because as is mandatory for Pack05 be installed later than say Pack02, the texture you already installed in Pack02 is now only referenced in Pack05 and needs no new space.
:cheers:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It's good to do it [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5369"]OFSS style[/ame].

With scenarios and a document telling you the mission objectives and what add-ons you need (for each mission, so you don't need to download all the add-ons for the entire project), and updates to the flight package every mission.

Last edited:

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
Sounds good, best to place them up on OrbitHangar for simplicity. On a related note, could you please post a list of all required addons so people can get them all installed and tested early on. Thanks.
If you're going to post them on OH, please just make one OFMM scenarios download and update it rather than having a new 'addon' for each mission. Otherwise OH will just essentially get spammed with OFMM stuff.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
If you're going to post them on OH, please just make one OFMM scenarios download and update it rather than having a new 'addon' for each mission. Otherwise OH will just essentially get spammed with OFMM stuff.

I was planning on doing a single OFMM Mission Pack right at the end of the project so that people could 'download and play'.

I'll follow the OFSS style for OFMM.