[Old news] Planet Simulator

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Now, a bit of experience of mine. I did compile and run the graphical shell on Cygwin (in the X Window mode), and even got to the main program screen, but did something wrong, and the climate run was aborted abruptly. So, all things considered, mastering this would require a bit of time, and also motivation. Maybe if I go into planetary development...

Cygwin is the easiest way to run this model, just be sure to install GNU FORTRAN and the tcsh package. The configure.sh script may need tweaking to ensure that FORTRAN and C compilers match.

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
WTF do I need to make to this :censored: pile of files with no :censored: extension to run this :censored: thing.

Translation: I have no real experience with compiling anything, can anyone please help?

:lol:

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Translation: I have no real experience with compiling anything, can anyone please help?
Perhaps you should start with something simpler. "Hello World!" is normally a good initial test of whether you have any serious problems with your compiler setup ;)

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
WTF do I need to make to this :censored: pile of files with no :censored: extension to run this :censored: thing.

:lol:

$ make

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: I was able to compile and run this on Ubuntu, using VMware. I had the same problem as Wishbone.

Last edited:

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Code:
sh ./configure.sh
make

Although I'm not sure if make actually did anything. And yes, weather simulation code is not the paragon of simplicity (or even duplicity, for that matter :) ), and this code was not autoconf'ed/automade.

insane_alien

Reaction score
hmm, all i had to do was

Code:
./configure.sh
./most.x

ran fine.

on arch linux x64 if it matters which it shouldn't.

perhaps you guys didn't install the dependancies outlined in the README and FAQ files?