Hardware Old-school panel lights

kerlix

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could find the old school panel lights, perhaps like the ones used in either older aircraft or in MC?

I'm thinking of the ones that were red or green and the glass covering wasn't exactly domed-shaped, but seemed to have been cut with it shaped almost to look like a jewel. Not sure if that makes any sense.

Hopefully someone knows what I mean and can point be in the right direction. The seemed to protrude out from the panel about 1/4 inch, maybe a little less.

I'd love to be able to find and buy some lights like that in either red (which I've definitely seen in documentaries) or yellow and green.

I just can't quite find the right terms to search with.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CELilly

Reaction score
I just can't quite find the ride terms to search with.

The term you'll want to search is "jewel pilot light". In a quick Google search I found several suppliers, mainly providing repair parts for Fender guitar amplifiers, with at least one selling through the Amazon Marketplace. Even if these lights are not quite what you're looking for, one of these businesses will probably be able to point you in the right direction. Hope you find the parts you want.

ozone

Reaction score
A quick Google search using "panel indicator lamp" got quite a few hits.
I think the style you're thinking of is called faceted and the cover is called a jewel; so try adding those terms. Dialco seems to be a maker. :)