OMP: can't host a server.

Roy225

Reaction score
Okay so i'm new to this mod and game
and i doubt any one still is on this
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
how do i host my own sever for this since the main one is never up
and also Other reasons so i open the port 1515 and i open the 2 files
i have what seems to be working but i cant connect to my own sever why is this?

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
If the server and client are on the same machine, put localhost into the ip box. If they're not on the same machine but just on the same network, you probably need to check a checkbox on the network tab that says "Server LAN Hairpinning" or something like that.
Also the OMP server has moved to here: omp.servegame.com due to DNS issues, and nowadays clients don't normally need port forwarding. That website has a load of info to help you, but some of it seems to be out of date. If you run into any more problems, don't hesitate to ask for help.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Okay so i'm new to this mod and game
and i doubt any one still is on this

What do you mean with this? That it is still "popular", that there are people on Ren's hosting, or that it is still developed?

how do i host my own sever for this since the main one is never up
and also Other reasons so i open the port 1515 and i open the 2 files
i have what seems to be working but i cant connect to my own sever why is this?

What happens in the steps of the "Single Client Test Session" and "Multi Client LAN Test Session" checklists from the documentation in "/Doc/OMP/OMP.pdf" on page 19 and 20, respectively?

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

That website has a load of info to help you, but some of it seems to be out of date. If you run into any more problems, don't hesitate to ask for help.

Particularly the part about %adding additional vessels to the scenario is not necessary anymore. The appropriate commands got removed from the client.