Problem OMP server says i need minimum V0.8 client even if i have 0.8.2 client

AndriiKOSMONAVT

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Falcon, Andrii
I've tried to connect to the azure westerneurope OMP server. I've asked for a help on discord because it won't work. Then one user told me that the server is down and i can use orbiterx.obspm.fr. I've tried to connect and i've got answer from server:
=|_____________________
|..........OrbiterX...|____
|.....the Global Brain|....)
=|_____________________|....)
| /_____)
|
=| Dura Lex Gravitate, sed Lex Gravitate
|
Unable to connect to server version 'OMPServer 2.5'!
Minimum supported version is '0.8'.
=|___________
|.Have.safe.|___________________
|.flights...|......OrbiterX.....|__
|___________|..the Global Brain.|..)
=| /____________________|..)
| /___)

P.S. I have version from OSDN because there's bug in orbithangar so i can't download private addons without ONE approved post. (I have made some posts earlier but it wont work)

AndriiKOSMONAVT

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Falcon, Andrii
On discord i asked if the version is old. And then i get answer 6Years.
Now i must wait to time when the bug with web will be fixed.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I guess you are mixing things up here. OMP is not in development anymore, and the public server is currently down. You probably try to connect to Boxx's project that forked OMP and is now called OMPX or OrbiterX or something. I guess you'll have to use the right client to access that server. And this client most probably is NOT OMP. For further questions, it might be best to contact Boxx.

However, if you are eager to try it out, you can always start your own OMP server, because it is part of the OMP distribution. Although the documentation is outdated, it is still valid for overall setup of the server system. Don't expect a triple-A MMORPG game, though.

AndriiKOSMONAVT

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Falcon, Andrii
I guess you are mixing things up here. OMP is not in development anymore, and the public server is currently down. You probably try to connect to Boxx's project that forked OMP and is now called OMPX or OrbiterX or something. I guess you'll have to use the right client to access that server. And this client most probably is NOT OMP. For further questions, it might be best to contact Boxx.

However, if you are eager to try it out, you can always start your own OMP server, because it is part of the OMP distribution. Although the documentation is outdated, it is still valid for overall setup of the server system. Don't expect a triple-A MMORPG game, though.
Oh ok thanks