Question ORB:Connect and Remote MFD

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Two quick questions entirely unrelated to each other. What ist he current status of ORB:Connect especially in regards to Orbiter 2016? It seems the versions I've found (2.1 is latest?) are for Orbiter 2010 so maybe I'm missing something?

Second, was there at one time a remote MFD program? Something that allowed MFDs to be displayed either outside Orbiter on the same computer, or on another computer entirely. Did/does this exist? Or am I just dreaming? To be clear, I mean something separate from the built-in extMFD, unless that has this capability and I've just missed it.

Thanks!

JDat

Reaction score
Regarding Remote MFD. I really like VNCMFD add-on. It is VNC server that support many MFDs at the same time. Tested with RealVNC VNCviewer and 5 MFDs on 2nd PC over LAN works great. MFD size and button positions can be customized. You can connect to server with any VNC client over network. Also I am working on custom PythonVNC viewer for Raspberry Pi. It is discussed in another forum thread.

Owenmck

Read the documentation!
Reaction score
Regarding Remote MFD. I really like VNCMFD add-on. It is VNC server that support many MFDs at the same time. Tested with RealVNC VNCviewer and 5 MFDs on 2nd PC over LAN works great. MFD size and button positions can be customized. You can connect to server with any VNC client over network. Also I am working on custom PythonVNC viewer for Raspberry Pi. It is discussed in another forum thread.
That sounds really cool. Do you have a link?