unknown_orbiter

Orbital Mystery
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey all. I've gotten to the point of my Orbiter career where I'm ready to ditch all the autopilots and assumptions and pre-determined calculations in order to make my own. I would like links to as many equations as I can get my hands onto to determine everything from calculating launch azimuth to determining required deltaV for an interplanetary launch. Any and all help is appreciated!

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
The DGIV manual has a really nice formula for calculating Azimuths with a detailed explanation of the variables. What kinds of things do you want to calculate elsewise? I wrote a program that does lots of this math, so I might be able to point you in the right direction.

unknown_orbiter

Orbital Mystery
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The DGIV manual has a really nice formula for calculating Azimuths with a detailed explanation of the variables. What kinds of things do you want to calculate elsewise? I wrote a program that does lots of this math, so I might be able to point you in the right direction.
Anything and everything, doesnt matter what as long as it can be used in Orbiter.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
... I can get my hands onto to determine everything from calculating launch azimuth ...

You want meat? Go ahead and check Launch MFD's sources. The file azimuth.cpp is what you're looking for. There's also orbiterwiki article about this. You'll probably see that what you'll actually end up with will be using the same autopilots again, because human is unable to do the same calculations that (for example) my MFD does every tenth of second :) They're not static calculations, but closed loop ones.

However, that's what I give out the code for. Go ahead and learn some. Nobody can say that I keep something only for myself.