Orbiter 090331

Trigger Furious

Reaction score
I have downloaded the latest Orbiter Beta and I love it. I got lucky and
have been using the MFalcon(Super Millenium Falcon) with it just because I can. I love the LUA MFD scripts to use with the Delta Glider.

I am looking for more addons for 090331. I have begun to research creating
DLLs. I have the SDK files and I do not know how to open files in C++.

I do not know what samples to look at. Actually I want to know if it is even
possible to update existing vessels that I have in a previous Beta.:)

Brad

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Since it is a BETA, I doubt your going to find much in the way of add-ons. You can try add-ons for the last stable version, but no guarantees.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Additionally, the loading screen specifically says that addons linked against the beta should not ne distributed.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
I have begun to research creating
DLLs. I have the SDK files and I do not know how to open files in C++.
If you are at that stage, I suggest to get the latest stable release (060929) and its SDK. It comes with plenty of sample addons to play with. There is a compiler setup guide here, although you probably would be better to use Visual C++ 2008 instead of 2005.

Last edited:

Trigger Furious

Reaction score
I want to learn Visual C++. My home computer is not connected to the internet. Here at work I downloaded the installation file and when I run it, it seems to want to connect. Is there another way that I can get this?

E

ex-orbinaut

I want to learn Visual C++. My home computer is not connected to the internet. Here at work I downloaded the installation file and when I run it, it seems to want to connect. Is there another way that I can get this?

I had the same situation. At the bottom of this page, download the big ISO DVD image file, use Nero to flash it onto a DVD, and install to your off-line computer from that.

http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/default.aspx

Hope it helps.

ThatGuy

Reaction score
...use Nero to flash it onto a DVD, and install to your off-line computer from that.

Alternatively, you can use 7zip to extract the files from the ISO image, then run "setup.hta".

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Alternatively, you can use 7zip to extract the files from the ISO image, then run "setup.hta".
Alternatively, you can mount the ISO using something like Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120%, at which point your computer will think it's an actual disc in an actual drive.