Problem Orbiter 2016 not responding to Keyboard Commands & Limited Response to Control Panel Switches

Moniker

Reaction score
Hi - I've reinstalled Orbiter on a new computer after not having played it since my old Win 10 machine. Using the Delta Glider I can't get a response to keyboard commands to adjust throttle (for example). Using the mouse and actuating controls on the 2D panels, some controls don't work. For example, I can use the mouse to move the left throttle but not the right. I'm able to get Hover engines to fire. I have not tried all craft, but haven't been able to get any response to main throttle commands on any so far.

Is this a typical issue? Maybe associated with Win 11? I'm running Orbiter in Win 8 compatibility mode.

Thanks for any help.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Welcome to Orbiter-Forum! :welcome:

Orbiter 2016 is running fine for me on Windows 11 without any compatibility mode set. Are you in a 100% clean Orbiter 2016 installation for your testing? I would start with that, and then gradually install add-ons one-at-a-time, retesting after each one is installed. You shouldn't need to set any Windows compatibility mode.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Do you have a non-standard keyboard layout?

Moniker

Reaction score
Welcome to Orbiter-Forum! :welcome:

Orbiter 2016 is running fine for me on Windows 11 without any compatibility mode set. Are you in a 100% clean Orbiter 2016 installation for your testing? I would start with that, and then gradually install add-ons one-at-a-time, retesting after each one is installed. You shouldn't need to set any Windows compatibility mode.
Yes - brand new Orbiter installation so far (not even sound). Thanks for the info on your set-up. So not uniquely Win 11 problem. Hmmm.