Base Orbiter 2016 Sea Level on moon

paddy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Please understand I am maybe talking out of my bottom here !!!

As I understand it bases from 2010 will not work on 2016 because everything in 2010 is at "sea level" but 2016 understands hills and things.

I do not run a 64bit OS so am unable to play with 2016 tiles. Is it possible for some one to convert an area of the MOON to "sea level" to allow an existing base i.e one of mine (Luna2) to be used. Failing that is there any way I can find an area which is at zero elevation.

Hope that makes sense!!

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi Paddy,

I can not fully answer your questions, but maybe still shed some light on it.

I do not run a 64bit OS so am unable to play with 2016 tiles.
Orbiter 2016 still is a 32bit Application. Your 32bit OS is not the limiting factor.
Not enough memory and/or disk-space could however be a limiting factor ;)
If however you meant by "unable to play with 2016 tiles", that you can not run one of those tile edit / compile applications, ignore my comment :blush:

Finding you a "zero elevation" spot on the Moon is unfortunately something I can't :sorry:

Last edited:

paddy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the response but yes it is the tile edit I am unable to do!!!

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
You might try to find a zero-elevation area with Google Moon.
When you enable the "charts" (top right) you get -depending on zoom level- topographic and geographic map overlays.

/Kuddel

Abloheet

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Please understand I am maybe talking out of my bottom here !!!

As I understand it bases from 2010 will not work on 2016 because everything in 2010 is at "sea level" but 2016 understands hills and things.

I do not run a 64bit OS so am unable to play with 2016 tiles. Is it possible for some one to convert an area of the MOON to "sea level" to allow an existing base i.e one of mine (Luna2) to be used. Failing that is there any way I can find an area which is at zero elevation.

Hope that makes sense!!

I use your base with Orbiter 2016. I just shifted the location of your base a few kilometres to a nearby crater. Where it works fine. I will send you my config files within a few hours.

paddy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Don't know how but I have only just seen this post. Great news that you have a working fix but bad news I did not get the file. I really really would like it if you just let us know the new Lat / Long. Thanks so much.

paddy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is there anyone who knows of an area which is flat enough to move a "2010" base to while running "2016". Found some areas which are better but still not great!

Abloheet

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Don't know how but I have only just seen this post. Great news that you have a working fix but bad news I did not get the file. I really really would like it if you just let us know the new Lat / Long. Thanks so much.

Here it is. My cfg. Sorry for the delay

Attachments

• W-Aurora.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 13