Question Orbiter 2016 Station Building

kerlix

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Are there any station building add-ons that currently work in O2016?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

kerlix

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old post, but is there anyway of building a custom station in orbit in the latest version of Orbiter 2016?

I used to use a combo of Jarvis rockets and the Eridanus to construct on orbit. However, I don't think this is possible anymore. please correct it I'm wrong. I also would use the (not sure which one) Delta LV add-on that allowed you to put in desired parameters and align the payload visually and choose fairing type before activating the launch AP.

If it is not, how would I go about station building? Using parts of the ISS (Zarya, etc) and any other add-on similar to the old Space Station Building Blocks add-on.

Really missing the stuff like that to create custom stations.

Last edited:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm not sure about station parts themselves, but as far as vehicles you could certainly use the XR5. Its payload bay can carry some large modules.

Of course, it's much more suited for station building if you have Universal RMS, but I'm not sure that addon still works.

kerlix

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I just remembered an add-on called Various Space Station Modules. That's what I was using for the most part. I know it's SC3 based. Any idea if it will work in O2016?

Zandy12

Add-on Developer
Donator
Reaction score
SC3 should work fine in Orbiter 2016 although you'll get a casual error message in the Orbiter log:

Code:
000000.000: ---------------------------------------------------------------
000000.000: >>> WARNING: Obsolete API function used: VESSEL::SetBankMomentScale
000000.000: At least one active module is accessing an obsolete interface function.
000000.000: Addons which rely on obsolete functions may not be compatible with
000000.000: future versions of Orbiter.
000000.000: ---------------------------------------------------------------

SC4 can be used as well you just have to edit the ship lines in the scenario. Still waiting on SC5 to come out.

kerlix

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
SC4 can be used as well you just have to edit the ship lines in the scenario. Still waiting on SC5 to come out.

Thank you for your help. It's been several years since I've touched Orbiter. The last version I used was 2010-P1.

What/where do I need to edit the ship lines? Also, is there a place I can download SC3 to avoid the hassle? Or is it better to stick with SC4? Or should I simply use Multistage2015 and that will solve all the problems?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I'm 99% sure that Spacecraft4 is downward compatible. I'm running it without SC3 and haven't had any problems.

Also... [ame="https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7214"]Configuration FIles for Piper's Various Station Modules[/ame]