GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Hello folks,

We are currently experiencing some problems with PayPal due to some technicalities in their regulations and the laws they operate under.

The forum is registered as a business in Australia, and through generous donation we have now exceeded a PayPal balance of $1,000 AUD. This has prompted PayPal to demand more information about our "business" and caused us all a bit of a headache. We are currently preparing the documentation they've asked for, however, we are unable to present it in time to prevent PayPal suspending the forum account.

What does this mean for the board? Nothing, in the short term. I am managing the forum server costs from my own funds for now. It will however prevent us from receiving donations until the matter is resolved, which will perhaps be the only visible indication that all is not well. Forum life will continue as normal during this period.

The staff would like to again thank you all for your generous support, and to reiterate that the problems with PayPal are not caused by having no money in it, but by having too much. We will, again, present figures at the end of the year and highlight the suspension periods for those interested.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Hello again folks,

It's taken a little longer than I would have liked, but I can now confirm that normal service has resumed on the forum PayPal account. We are once again able to accept donations and pay our bills from the central account.

Many thanks for your patience throughout the somewhat confusing period of unavailability, and a happy new year to you, too!

asullivan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Ha!:thumbup:

I'm glad its fixed, cuz I just made a donation! Before I stumbled upon this thread!

Now back into outer space where I belong!

:hailprobe:

Alex

Last edited: