Orbiter Forums, a spam place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonwalker

Reaction score
I realized that Orbiter Forums is going to become an annoying spam place obviously. It even includes advertising for buying WoW gold, which is illegal actually. If this is the way of sponsoring, I'm not quite sure continue using the forums.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I realized that Orbiter Forums is going to become an annoying spam place obviously. It even includes advertising for buying WoW gold, which is illegal actually. If this is the way of sponsoring, I'm not quite sure continue using the forums.

Only seems to bother people who are not logged in. I don't know who selected Adbrite for the ads, but they seem to be very annoying. (My NoScript extension for Firefox filters it all out though)

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
There are only ads on the mainpage, and only if you are not logged in.
Any other form of advertisement is regarded spam and is not allowed.
If you see any form of spam, please use the report function so that we moderators can issue infractions, ban spammers and remove the spam/ad.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
There is no spam on this board. The ads are all provided by Google and Adbrite. No illegal ads are being used. Unless you want to fork out huge amounts in donations to cover the costs of our server then we must make money in other ways. Asking the members to foot the bill all themselves is too much.

You're free to stop using this forum anytime you like if you feel it's necessary, however you should remember that guests are the only people who see advertisements so as long as you're logged in you won't ever have to see them. Enough said..

EDIT: I should also add, that we tried very hard to get sponsors from specific companies and organization which would suit our site content better, but we got 0 responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.