jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Did it come with any admin utilities?

Last edited:

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Right. Airport express is meant to be used with MacOS, but we shall struggle on regardless.
Try this:
Press Win+R
Type CMD and hit enter
Type ipconfig and hit enter
note down what it says next to gateway, and pop that into your browser.
Look for anything that says 'Port Forwarding', 'Port Mapping' or anything like that.

Luke Skywalker

Rebel Alliance Hero
Reaction score
Inside this addon pack -> Computerex Add-on Pack <- is an addon called 'simon' - I know it works under orbiter 2006 but might not under 2010.

basically 'simon' allows for a mutliple vehicles to copy what the master vehicle is doing. The flying should be perfect formation as they are just copying the main vehicle.

I could confirm this addon works in 2010, but there's a small delay i think.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sort of...

Ok, let me back up. For my ICT GCSE I am making a video. My idea was to make an orbiter 'promotional' video. So far all has gone well, and the video is almost complete. However, the only part remaining unshot I have been rather foolish on. I decided, when drawing up the plans, to have shots of 5 XR2s in formation flight. The clever among you can see where this is going.

Despite my best efforts to obtain this shot with auto pilots, all attempts so far have failed. So I am making an appeal, for 4 pilots to join me on the OMP server this Saturday, and help me get the shots I need. At current I am willing to do this at any time PM on Saturday (GMT), but it may be possible to postpone to NEXT Saturday, if that gets me an extra pilot. If you need help I will be on the chatbox all this week from about 15:30/16:00 (Again, GMT), and you can always drop me a PM.

So, who will answer my call?

Oh i was coming with the same ideal... I could help you or rival you with you project because i have access to some pretty good equipment.

:cheers:

I may be short on shots though so...

Axertan

Reaction score
I was thinking about the 4'th Feb. flight, and figured we should set some common rules (meaning configuration for XR vessels) so that people won't be doing Mach 4 fireballs with SCRAM engines in 1 km altitude. It is a space simulator, but I say we should keep it in
'considerable levels of realism' ;)

My preliminary ideas for this particular flight (as it is a video/recording flight) are
  • Large fuel ISP (XR's are spacecraft that gulp a lot of fuel and overheat easily)
  • Unlimited/very long APU run time (ditto)
  • Coolant unlimited (ditto)
  • Damage ON (No mach 4 fireballs)
  • All other settings default
I'd say that should work for long atmoshperic flights, such as formation flights.

Also, to prevent minimise the number of client crashes, I recommend using the 'stock' OMP install only. Meaning only OrbiterSound, UMMU, UCGO (For Arrow Freighter) XR1, XR2, XR5 and the ArrowX config. And of course, the OMP itself.
I would also recommend trying your clients before the event starts, so we won't have to solve some port forwarding while half of us is allready waiting on the runway.

If you are happy with these rules, you can download the modified XR1, XR2 and XR5 configuration files from post attachement.

See this post for updated config.

:hailprobe: and :cheers:
Axertan

Last edited:

Lydia

Cynder Fan
Reaction score
god dammit due to my dad and ports i cant get synced on OMP :(

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
god dammit due to my dad and ports i cant get synced on OMP :(

You are "Twilight" there, right? If so, it looks like you are not even sending UDPs to the server. Please try the log tab in the OMP dialog and check if you find some line with "GBody count" in it. If so, chances are you're not running it on a vanilla Orbiter install of O2010P1.
If not, it could be a very restrictive firewall/router/ISP not even permitting outgoing UDPs, and that would be something new to me (although of course not impossible). A transparent proxy is also possible, but since OMP is not support proxy settings AND uses an proprietary protocol, I don't believe it to be that, either.

regards,
Face

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
I was rebuilding my old, bloated OMP install into a smaller, less bloated version and noted an incorrectness in the instructions: you do not need to install UMMU separately from UCGO, as UMMU is included in UCGOs installer.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's just that I still don't know how to forward ports (I had a confusing experience with that before).

There's this magical thing called 'Google'. I personally haven't used it before, so I don't know if it's good, but people say it's fantastic. From what I'm told, you only need to enter what you're looking for and it will return all the answers to you in plain text, images and even video and audio.

Lydia

Cynder Fan
Reaction score
you got a point there face ill try my unmodded Orbiter

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
There's this magical thing called 'Google'. I personally haven't used it before, so I don't know if it's good, but people say it's fantastic. From what I'm told, you only need to enter what you're looking for and it will return all the answers to you in plain text, images and even video and audio.

I already did before. All the "how-tos" assumed that I had Linksys (or some other router brand I don't have). I tried looking for Apple, but those control panel things were only for Mac OS. I haven't tried jangofett287's suggestion yet but I hope it works.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I already did before. All the "how-tos" assumed that I had Linksys (or some other router brand I don't have). I tried looking for Apple, but those control panel things were only for Mac OS. I haven't tried jangofett287's suggestion yet but I hope it works.

Here, I'll google it for you. "Airport express port forwarding":
http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-124166.html
http://gigaom.com/apple/how-to-port-forwarding-on-a-airport-extreme-time-capsule/
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3640844?start=15&tstart=0

Last edited by a moderator:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Those tutorials didn't work for me as I didn't have Mac OS, which I said on the last post.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Those tutorials didn't work for me as I didn't have Mac OS, which I said on the last post.

Ok, so stick "for Windows" at the end of the search string.

Here's one for Windows 7, took about 15 seconds to open Google, type and look through the results to find one. If you actually spent 5 minutes researching what you're looking for, you'd be amazed how much info you'd find.

Lydia

Cynder Fan
Reaction score
thanks to face i can make it so ill be there tomorrow, ill help u with the vid in other words Jango

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
One of those websites to keep in your back pocket (or at least the quick bookmarks list):

http://portforward.com/

Ignore the part where they try to sell you a program to forward your ports, and concentrate on the tutorials. Chances are they'll have a guide for the specific setup you've got.

Good luck! Once you've done it a few times, it isn't very hard at all. :thumbup:

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
I'll be checking this thread, my PMs and the chatbox throughout the day, to provide setup support.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Right. Airport express is meant to be used with MacOS, but we shall struggle on regardless.
Try this:
Press Win+R
Type CMD and hit enter
Type ipconfig and hit enter
note down what it says next to gateway, and pop that into your browser.
Look for anything that says 'Port Forwarding', 'Port Mapping' or anything like that.

Default Gateway: 10.0.1.1

I tried putting that in the address bar, but I got an "Unable to connect" error.

I do not have an AirPort utility program like the video above shows.
edit: I think I can download it, just wait a moment.

Seriously, I am sick of having x0.1 time warp.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Okay, opened up the utility, it asks me for a password.

I convince dad to put in the router's password, but it doesn't work.

Last edited:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com

Okay, opened up the utility, it asks me for a password.

I convince dad to put in the router's password, but it doesn't work.

What router do you have? Please provide exact make and model - also what utility are you talking about here?