OHM Orbiter Speech Recognition Module for Orbiter 2010

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: juanelm

Watch the DEMO VIDEO by Unknown_Orbiter.  (The press function works only for Windows Vista/Windows Seven users)

Have you ever wished you had a copilot helping you push some buttons, or having HAL give you a hand?  Now you can!  
  • Control any Vessel, MFD mode, or feature in Orbiter through spoken commands.
  • Easily edit commands through simple configuration files for each vessel or MFD.  You may include configuration files in your vessel or MFD releases.
  • Spanish and French should be supported on Windows Vista and Windows Seven OS's.
Required:
  1. Microphone or headset.
  1. Microsoft Speech Recognition Engine (found here: http://www.millisecond.com/download/speech.aspx)

Installation is easy:
1) Unzip OSRM into Orbiter directory, activate module in Orbiter "modules" tab

2) Install Microsoft Speech Recognition Engine by running the installer found here: http://www.millisecond.com/download/speech.aspx

3) You're set.  Read the configuration files inside Config\OSRM folder to see the available commands.  If you wish to learn how to modify commands or create commands for new vessels or MFD modes, read the OSRM manual.

DOWNLOAD

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
Can I, with this module, command the DGIV to turn on the launch autopilot or things like that (presumably, by commanding it to type P 903 S 42 E or something like that)

Interceptor

Reaction score
Very nice,Thank you:)

---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

Can anybody please recommend a good headset for winxp?Thanks:thumbup:

Last edited:

KKinsane

CAPTAIN PLANET!!
Reaction score
LOL, well I got mfd 1 working after about ten minutes of shouting at a headphone (I am using it backwards :O)

I used windowed veiw because I heard it doing something, I was trying to say "F4" to open the menu but speach recognition said moving so I told it undo, cancel, stop! i've had enough issues with vista to avoid risking deleting everything with an improvised headphone tbh, i'll wait for the next installment :) and / or invest in a proper microphone? nah!

ok, mfd one works, I say select and it tells me "command is not avaliable at this time", wtf?

ed: my give up.

Last edited:

Juanelm

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
LOL, well I got mfd 1 working after about ten minutes of shouting at a headphone (I am using it backwards :O)

I used windowed veiw because I heard it doing something, I was trying to say "F4" to open the menu but speach recognition said moving so I told it undo, cancel, stop! i've had enough issues with vista to avoid risking deleting everything with an improvised headphone tbh, i'll wait for the next installment :) and / or invest in a proper microphone? nah!

ok, mfd one works, I say select and it tells me "command is not avaliable at this time", wtf?

ed: my give up.

Read the manual...

To open the menu you should say "menu" not "F4". To select MFD you should say "MFD select", not "select".

Can anybody please recommend a good headset for winxp?Thanks

Mine is a relatively cheap one found in Walgreens. It is collapsable, very comfortable to use, has good sound quality, the microphone is removable from the headset, and has microphone mute button and volume control knob. It works perfectly with OSRM.

Last edited:

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
Hello. I think the links in the manual are not working...

If that is correct, cand you provide them in the addon description?

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Very nice. It was a little interesting, occasionally deciding to listen to the TV in the background instead of me (I did turn it down :p ), but for the most part very responsive. :)

Pablo49

Reaction score
Very immersive and responsive. That was rather fun to use, good work.

Juanelm

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hello. I think the links in the manual are not working...

If that is correct, cand you provide them in the addon description?

Thanks for letting me know. I will fix that in the manual. Here are the links so you don't have to download it again.

Windows XP Users:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306901

Windows Vista Users: http://www.microsoft.com/enable/products/windowsvista/speech.aspx

Windows Seven Users:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Set-up-Speech-Recognition

And thanks for the comments, everyone.

Dig Gil

LearninProgram,Slackin DigTech
Reaction score
Website
dig-orbiter.blogspot.com
I've got a problem that I think is more related to my computer than to OSRM, but I can't solve.
I already knew that the built-in speech recognition software didn't worked (supposedly due the Portuguese configuration not being supported), but I tried this AddOn anyway. What happens when I try it, is Orbiter minimizing (as if it closed due CTD) and then opening again without any effects of OSRM.

Juanelm

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I've got a problem that I think is more related to my computer than to OSRM, but I can't solve.
I already knew that the built-in speech recognition software didn't worked (supposedly due the Portuguese configuration not being supported), but I tried this AddOn anyway. What happens when I try it, is Orbiter minimizing (as if it closed due CTD) and then opening again without any effects of OSRM.

Hmm, that may be due to the engine. What engine is that? What OS are you using? You may download the english engine and it should work.

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
ok, now the only problem I have (since I changed my mirophone) is that the OSRM still can't recognize my pronounciation of the number 4, or 5, while the windows one works just fine, what's the problem here actually?

alrik

Alrik
Reaction score
It works ok for me, it's a fantastic module... really nice.

Interceptor

Reaction score
I want to try this so bad but, I can't find Microsoft Speech Recognition Engine v5.0, if thats the right one for winxp can someone please link me to a site with the proper software for winxp.Thanks