Software Orbiter2016 CTD when clicking MFD buttons to open dialog

ChronicShills

Reaction score
I am having a heck of a time getting orbiter to run. I have set up Orbiter2016 and D3D9 client. I can get it open, and I start with the Mission 1 Checklist DG to ISS. checklist scenario. When I click the TGT button on the map MFD, the game hangs for a moment and then crashes. I've attached the Orbiter.log file. I am running windows 10 on virtualbox on a linux host. I have also been having problems with the MFD using wine on both linux and mac, but I'm focused on getting it running in a windows vm now. Have i missed a step?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Johan2011

Reaction score
You can use the Linux version instead:

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
^ that's in a very early dev stage. Eventually this will be the go-to for running on Linux.

There are some others that run Orbiter under WINE, I'm sure they will pop in with some advice.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
[...]I've attached the Orbiter.log file[...]
No, you haven't :ROFLMAO:
I'm not sure whether it will help, but it might shed some light to your issue.

Wasn't there a configuration setting to reduce the number of lines drawn on the Map-MFD somewhere? If there is, it might help.

Boxx

Mars Addict
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
running windows 10 on virtualbox on a linux host. I have also been having problems with the MFD using wine on both linux and mac, but I'm focused on getting it running in a windows vm now.
It should work, maybe VirtualBox is too much sensitive. Start without D3D9 first and with another VM manager. My multiplayer setup "orbiterx" (server + client) runs 24/7 without D3D9 on a Windows 10 VM on a Linux host (not virtualbox, but I can't say for sure now). Try VMWare, maybe.