Orbiter_ng not working after power outage?

Wedge313

Reaction score
Last night we lost power due to a wind storm. I have been running the NASSP Apollo 8 mission, and was about 115 hours into the simulation. Orbiter had been closed and the computer was in sleep mode when the power loss occurred. When I tried to start the simulation up today I couldn't get Orbiter_ng to run. (I've attached a screenshot of what happens when I try to open the simulation). I was able to open the simulation (to a previously saved point) using Orbiter 2016, but I would like some help getting Orbiter_ng working again. Any tips? Thank you.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    55.1 KB · Views: 125

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
It looks like the D3D9Client module is not activated for some reason. I would try this:

1. Run orbiter_ng.exe, but don't launch a scenario yet.
  2. Click the "Modules" button in the launchpad and then look in the "Graphics engines" section. Make sure that "D3D9Client" is checked (enabled).
  3. Click the "Video" button and set your desired video parameters (e.g., Window, then set desired window size).
  4. Then click the "Scenario" button to return to the scenarios page, then launch a scenario.
If that doesn't work, please post the contents of your orbiter.log file. :)

Wedge313

Reaction score
Thank you! That worked. EVERY module had been disabled. For some reason the .scn file I had saved at T+115 hrs was pretty much wiped out, but the previously saved .scn at T+109 hrs has me up and running again. Thanks for your help.