Outer Planets Re-Fueling Depots

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have started to play with some rough ideas for some ground bases and I decided that I am going to make an add-on for Orbiter.

ReFuel (Rocket Engine Fuels L.L.C) is going to be building space ports in the Jovian System starting with most likely one of the Galilean moons of Jupiter.

They are looking for suggestions for their first building site from anyone that frequents the area

If you have cords and a body you can think of that would be a good starting place, please comment

Nickmick95

Reaction score
I suggest put one on Callisto or Ganymede. I haven't seen a base on one of those before.:)

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I suggest put one on Callisto or Ganymede. I haven't seen a base on one of those before.:)

wife suggested Ganymede and I think from what I read, it would prob be easier to land on Ganymede than my other potential targets

Nickmick95

Reaction score
Yeh, it is easier to get there from Jupiter. Well, good luck!:)

Reaction score
Plus Ganymede is also the only Jovian moon with a large magnetic field, to keep teh nasty radiashuns away. ;)

pattersoncr

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
wife suggested Ganymede and I think from what I read, it would prob be easier to land on Ganymede than my other potential targets

You're married to a woman who not only knows what Ganymede is but is able to make comparisons between it and other Jovian moons? You're a lucky man.

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You're married to a woman who not only knows what Ganymede is but is able to make comparisons between it and other Jovian moons? You're a lucky man.

Ex-wife wasn't sure if the Sun orbited the Earth or the other way around. I have by far one better this time around

Just a quick note,
Rocket Engine Fuels L.L.C (ReFuel) Ganymede Base Release 1 has been built and played around with and tested by me. If anyone can tell me how to create a orbithangar.com account so I can upload it somewhere, that would be super

:)

penlu

Reaction score
Ganymede definitely, for hydrogen and oxygen based fuels. Not much radiation there either. A good place would be Titan, with all its methane.

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Problems making textures

I am trying to create some textures for the base I am building

I am using Nvidia plugin for saving as DDS

File is 128x128
I am using these settings
DXT1 RGB 4bpp | no alpha
2D Texture and Generate MIP Maps

The file I created i placed in Textures directory and called it greenrust.dds. When I load up orbiter and go to the base, the texture is not loaded on the shape that I created. The parameters are as follows...

TANK
POS -70 0 25
SCALE 25 100 25
TEX1 greenrust 8 5
TEX2 Roof01 4 4
END

anyone know why my texture is not loading please post a comment here plz

--edit--
Found the cause... Needed to add the texture to \config\base.cfg

-----Posted Added-----

Ah, with over 60 moons to navigate there is nothing like being on approach and seeing that bright lit sign as you come in on approach knowing that this truckstop in the starts have hot food, clean rooms, certified mechanics and the best prices on any fuel your craft may consume. This screenshot is from the cockpit of a Delta Glider as it is just landed on pad 1. It is nighttime on Ganymede currently... I just hope that there isn't any limit to the ammount of objects I can have on this base cause it will be prettied up over the next few months with cargo, custom textures for everything I can texture

Last edited:

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Ex-wife wasn't sure if the Sun orbited the Earth or the other way around. I have by far one better this time around

Just a quick note,
Rocket Engine Fuels L.L.C (ReFuel) Ganymede Base Release 1 has been built and played around with and tested by me. If anyone can tell me how to create a orbithangar.com account so I can upload it somewhere, that would be super

:)

You could always start up a free file sharing account at 4shared.com and link to it here so folks can beta test it for a while before you try uploading it to the OrbitHangar. :cheers:

AstroCam

Point loud end thataway
Donator
Reaction score
Well, my REAC (REDAC Aerospace Centre) In the north-west of Western Australia is also going well... maybe one day I'll post it to OH. Oh, BTW, i >think< i may have been the only one who has done this, but if you create VOR beacons around your base, can you add an antenna system on the same spot? it just ups the realism a leetle bit.