OHM Pandora

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: raftdood

The fictional planet Pandora. This planet's orbit is between Saturn and Uranus. Remember to back up your Sol.cfg file first.

DOWNLOAD

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be better to provide instructions on how to add the planet to the Sol.cfg rather than overwriting it ?

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes, it's better to include instructions on how to edit sol.cfg rather then overwriting it automatically- doing so isn't at all a good thing.

And how does an object stay habitable that far from the sun? :blink:

Ark

Reaction score
Cool. Sure is difficult to reach with that inclination, though. And Pandora needs a higher-res surface texture, it's not really up to the detail level of most O-H textures.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Obviously not, as that Pandora was located in the Alpha Centauri system.

raftdood

Reaction score
As I stated it is a "fictional" planet. Look it up. Readme file for Pandora. ********************************** 1) Put the Pandora.cfg, & Pandora Folder in your Config Folder. 2) Put the PandoraA.cfg, & PandoraA Folder in your Config Folder. 3) Put the Pandora.tex, Pandora_cloud.tex, Pandora_lmask.bin, and Pandora_lmask.tex in your Textures2 Folder. 4) Put the PandoraA.tex, and PandoraA_cloud.tex in your Textures2 Folder. 5) Put the PandoraAM.bmp and PandoraM.bmp in the Textures Folder. To add this to your system, you must hand edit the Sol.cfg file located in your Config Folder. Right click the Sol.cfg file click on "OPEN". Then a windows prompt will come up, check the box that says "Select the program from a list" then click "OK". Uncheck the box that says "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file", then scroll down the list and find "Notepad", highlight it and click "OK". Add this line to the Sol.cfg file... Planet?? = PandoraA PandoraA:Moon1 = Pandora Replace the ?? with whatever number comes next after your highest planet number. Remember to hit Enter after above to add a carriage return after the last line. Then on the Sol.cfg file click on "File", then on "Save As", change the save type to "All Files" and enter the File Name Sol.cfg Then click "OK" It will tell you the file already exists and asks wheather you want to replace it, click "Yes" **************************** REMEMBER TO MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF YOUR Sol.cfg FILE BEFORE DOING ALL THIS. **************************** [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

xmech2k

Reaction score
Yes, it's better to include instructions on how to edit sol.cfg rather then overwriting it automatically- doing so isn't at all a good thing.

And how does an object stay habitable that far from the sun? :blink:

Why do you think the space indians are blue? :tiphat:

Ark

Reaction score
I've been playing around with the cfg for this to make it a little more accessible. I relocated it to Jupiter orbit, halfway between Io and whatever the next moon is, and changed the physical size and mass to resemble Mars. My only question is: How do I place it in the same plane as the other moons? I changed the inclination value to .50, like the other moons, but you load a scenario and it's still at a high inclination.

I'm sort of new to editing planet cfgs, any tips would be appreciated. It's just something I'm trying to do for personal use.

Apokliptico

Reaction score
Hi! I've been playing around the pandora planet, but i think that pandora's moon given its size should have a much higher orbit since it's very unrealistic that such a beautiful planet could exist given the enormous gravity forces that it's exposed to.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Surely they don't have "help" for that in the 22nd century? :shifty:

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
I changed the inclination value to .50, like the other moons, but you load a scenario and it's still at a high inclination.

I'm sort of new to editing planet cfgs, any tips would be appreciated. It's just something I'm trying to do for personal use.
Did you also match the ascending node?

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If someone DOES make a re-creation of the Pandora from Avatar; I would like to see how they do the floating mountains... maybe a gigantic remesh and reconfig of that Venus floating station...

Cizurator

Whooooosh!
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If someone DOES make a re-creation of the Pandora from Avatar; I would like to see how they do the floating mountains... maybe a gigantic remesh and reconfig of that Venus floating station...

hmmm... the floating station wouldn't be necessary. The small base with two Avatar interfaces was in Hallelujah mountains, but not on one of those floating ones. But it is very interesting idea... I would prefer creating it as a base with a huge mesh

Ark

Reaction score
hmmm... the floating station wouldn't be necessary. The small base with two Avatar interfaces was in Hallelujah mountains, but not on one of those floating ones. But it is very interesting idea... I would prefer creating it as a base with a huge mesh

That was my thought. Collision is basically impossible, but you can create a mesh of floating mountains just the same as any other base mesh.