Problem Pgup/Pgdn keys

gagarin

Reaction score
I am using Windows 10 on an Asus laptop and now find that the only keys I can use to zoom in and out are the Z and X keys plis the Ctrl z/x
It says in the manual that the Pgup and Pgdn keys can be used but they do not do anything
I seem to remember zooming all the way out on a land ship until it showed just the planet earth in space
Any help please ?
Kind regards

Marijn

Reaction score
On my Asus laptop with Win10 the page up and down keys do zoom in and out. Also with an external USB keyboard. The scroll wheel on the mouse works as well.

Z and X change the Field Of View. Ctrl does it in steps of 10 degrees. It looks like zooming, but it is not the same.

Windows device manager says the driver version is 10.0.17763.348 de dato 21-6-2006.

I did choose the US/Int keyboard when installing Windows 10.

gagarin

Reaction score
I also have another space sim called Apollo Simulator 2006 .
The Elevator that takes the astronauts to the top of the Saturn V rocket uses the pgup/pgdn keys and they dont work for that too
And yet they work when browsing the net or in a document and scroll yp and down as they should

Marijn

Reaction score
Do you have an usb mouse with a scroll wheel to test the zoom? If not, try to change the zoom by doing a gesture on the mouse pad on your laptop (rotate with two fingers clock- and counterclockwise).

Do these methods work?

Last edited:

gagarin

Reaction score
Thank you so much
By sliding 2 fingers up and down the mousepad on my laptop zooms in and out nicely
I still cannot get the elevator to rise on the Apollo Simulator 2006 but I will keep working on that
with thanks