Physics World 2016 Top Ten.

streb2001

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Gravitational waves is astounding and one of the top physics discoveries ever. They were predicted though and it was only a matter of time before their detection. For me the best discovery is the rocky, habitable-zone planet orbiting Proxima. Finding such a planet orbiting the closest star is either a mind-bogglingly improbable coincidence, or an indication that the galaxy is teeming with them. In that case finding life elsewhere is also just a matter of time. I hope it happens in my lifetime. Happy New Year btw.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's working again. I guess "best effort" just wasn't good enough yesterday evening :lol:

perseus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
all_i_see_are_equations.jpg

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I wonder if a kid has ever done the Schrödinger's Cat experiment for a science class project, it seems simple enough :)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Possibly killing cats for science might not be tolerated.

And I really recommend you to kill the cat. There are only two possible states if you leave a cat inside a small box. Dead and very very very very angry.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Isn't one of the point of the thought experiment that the result of an actual experiment would be invalid, because the act of observing affects the outcome?
(I think I just gave myself a headache) :lol:

perseus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think it is not possible two states, or the cat is dead and smells or is alive, though and if the sniffer cools. Would two states be possible?

On the other hand cats have stated: ... the experiment would be more reliable if done with mice,

1011-schrdi1.jpg

450_1000.jpg