Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Suggested Your Own (what?)

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
After due consideration, I deicided that no better name is available. Therefore I am swallowing my pride & choosing "Serenity". Not just because it is winning, but because it best describes what Node 3 will be used for. Apart from the Cupola, Node 3 will not do anything particularly notable. And "Legacy" would be maybe a more suitable name for a lab, but not Node 3.

It would have been nice to have been able to think of an awesome name that NASA would have said "wow, we're using that!" to. But it looks like they already got the best words!

So I'm off to have my 2 cents on the NASA voting page:p

-Pete

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
I find it funny that one of the suggested names for Node 3 is 'Vista', perhaps Node 3 is going to use Window's Vista? I hope not. Stay with XP.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
But he has the shield of Captain America!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Seriously? The last thing I want is "Colbert" stenciled to a couple billion dollars worth of my tax money.

Nobody who pays taxes wants that. But guess which kind of people have the time to watch Colbert report or vote dozens of times in Internet polls?

I still think, that Serenity is the name, which fits best into the row with "Unity" and "Harmony"... regardless of the browncoat reference, which likely only few people inside NASA will get.

Ark

Reaction score
I like Serenity, but I'm totally stoked that Colbert has won the voting. At least he beat those damn Scientologists.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Who knows, NASA might name it Colbert, this is a PR stunt, and they placed in an option to do that. I don't think they were expecting Colbert to recive that many votes, owning Serenity to shame, but still. 'Space Shuttle Endeavour's set this week to Launch NASA's new Colbert module,'

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Who knows, NASA might name it Colbert, this is a PR stunt, and they placed in an option to do that. I don't think they were expecting Colbert to recive that many votes, owning Serenity to shame, but still. 'Space Shuttle Endeavour's set this week to Launch NASA's new Colbert module,'

My issue with it is that probably 95% of the people that voted for "Colbert" only did it because Colbert asked them to and not because they think it would be a good name. Moreover, most of them probably don't care about space at all.

Pquardzvaark

Reaction score
My issue with it is that probably 95% of the people that voted for "Colbert" only did it because Colbert asked them to and not because they think it would be a good name. Moreover, most of them probably don't care about space at all.

Agreed. Plus I don't want him to get away with people doing his bidding, we might create an unstoppable force!