General Question Possible to shuffle OrbiterSound files sequence?

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is it possible to randomly "shuffle" the order that OrbiterSound atc files are played, to be more realistic?

Also, (maybe should be separate thread?) I'm getting a subdued "bleed" of CustomBaseSounds whilst flying, even miles from the base.
Noticed in internal view but maybe there on external also but too much other noise to know.
Could it be my setup causing? (Base sounds are only in CustomBaseSounds folder........)

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Aren't the ATC sounds from OrbiterSound already played at random? Or do you mean you want them to play in a specific order rather than random?

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
Doesn't seem that way.
There's a file called Sequential in Sound/Radio/"Frequency" folder that seems to govern the order as set in Sequential_Editor.
Removing it doesn't seem to alter the sequence either......

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Without the file named 'Sequential' in a given frequency folder the ATC sounds in that folder play at random for me. The setting, which is selected by default, is named Use OrbiterSound Random Timing when you run $ORBITER_HOME\Sound\Sequential_Editor.exe and select a frequency folder to view or edit. [I am using OrbiterSound 3.5 BTW since that is what the XRs link with. It should be the same in OrbiterSound 4.0, though.]

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, difficult to tell without doing a strict test (I've got 87 chats in the sequence) but certainly seems to start off with the same five.
"Use OrbiterSound random timing" controls the intervals between wave files as specified in SoundConfig "Atc min random delay" / "Atc max random delay".
Removing Sequential disables editing for that frequency and doesnt play sequence. (understandably)

Last edited: